CM-T3530 computer-on-module (CoM) | system-on-module (SoM)
- ARM module featuring high performance in a low-power envelope.
- Rich video and graphics enable multimedia applications.
- Ideal choice for mobile and battery powered systems.
- Full-featured Computer-On-Module (CoM) starting at $55
- Cortex-A8 OMAP3503 or OMAP3530 CPU, up to 720 MHz
- Up to 256 Mbyte mobile DDR
- Up to 512 Mbyte Flash Disk, including filesystem protection
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11b/g Interface
- Graphics controller supporting STN and TFT panels with 1400 x 1050 max resolution
- H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, JPEG, WMV9 and additional video codecs implemented by IVA2.2 Subsystem using TMS320C64x+ DSP core @ 520 MHz
- PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support
- General purpose bus
- SD / SDIO / MMC interfaces
- Camera Interface port
- Sound codec with speaker and microphone support
- Touchscreen Controller
- USB Slave / Host / OTG ports
- Serial ports, GPIO
- 100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Very low standby and active power consumption
- Tiny size: 66 x 44 x 7 mm
- Interchangeable with other modules via CAMI connectors
- SB-T35 carrier board turns the SBC-T3530 module into SBC-T3530 - a single board computer
The CM-T3530 is a small computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. The CM-T3530 has all the components required to run operating systems such as Linux and Windows CE. Ready packages for these operating systems are available from CompuLab.
The small size and low power consumption of the CM-T3530 allows its integration into hand-held and mobile devices, while its low price makes it an ideal selection for cost-sensitive applications. The CM-T3530 delivers a price / performance ratio significantly better than that of any other platform.
CM-T3530 is based on Texas Instruments OMAP3530 processor which combines two CPU cores in single package - an advanced Cortex-A8 ARM CPU for running operating system and application code, and TMS32064x DSP for dedicated video processing. Low voltage Mobile DDR enables very low power consumption in regular operation and in standby. For embedded applications, the CM-T3530 provides a general purpose local bus, 100Mbit Ethernet, serial ports, I/O lines and other essential functions, while integrated WiFi interface implement industry standard wireless connectivity.
The standardized CAMI ("CompuLab's Aggregated Module Interface") connectors of the CM-T3530 module allow interchangeability with other Computer-On-Module's available from CompuLab, enabling the flexibility required in a dynamic market where application requirements can change rapidly..For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Texas Instruments OMAP3503 / OMAP3530 CPU
600 / 720 MHz, NEON™ SIMD Coprocessor
L1 cache: 112 KB (DSP), 32 KB (ARM) L2 cache: 96 KB (DSP), 256 KB (ARM)
C RAM 64 - 256 MB, Mobile DDR, 166 MHz, 32-bit D NAND Flash Disk 128 - 512 Mbytes, bootable N External local bus 16-bit, variable rate up to 133 MHz, 1.8V levels +
Feature Specifications Option Graphics Controller 4/8/16/24 bit color, resolution up to 1400 x 1050, frame buffer in system DDR. Display types support : TFT (parallel RGB), STN, composite video - PAL / NTSC + Video acceleration IVA2.2 Subsystem TMS320C64x+ DSP core running at rate up to 520 MHz. Supporting H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, JPEG, WMV9 and additional codecs. Part of OMAP3530 CPU C720M 2D / 3D graphics PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support. Part of OMAP3530 CPU C720M Camera Interface Direct camera sensor support, max resolution 4096 x 4096, pixel clock up to 130MHz. BT.601 / BT.656 Digital YCbCr 4:2:2 (8/16-Bit) interface. + USB - Host / Slave (OTG) USB2 high-speed port, 480 Mbps
- Additional two USB2 host ports, 480 Mbps, EHCI compliant
+ U Serial Ports
3 UART ports, 16550 compatible:
COM-A – 1.8V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
COM-B – 1.8V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
COM-C – RS232 interface, Rx / Tx only, 225 Kbps
+ General Purpose I/O Up to 74 lines shared with other functions. Can also be used as interrupt inputs + Keyboard & mouse USB, keypad or redirection from COM port + Ethernet SMSC LAN9220 MAC & PHY, 10/100BaseT, Activity LED's E MMC / SD MMC / SD / SDIO support including SDHC up to 32GB + Audio codec I2S compliant audio codec, stereo output, differential mic input + Touchscreen ctrl. TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Support 4-wire resistive panels I RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + WiFi
802.11 b/g interface, Wi2Wi W2SW0001 controller module based on the Marvell’s 88W8686 chipset. Up to 54 Mbps, 2.45 GHz band, single antenna supp W
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 3.8V or Lithium-ion polymer battery Active power consumption 0.2 - 2 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Standby/Sleep consumption 20 - 100 mW, depending on configuration and mode Dimensions 66 x 44 x 7 mm Weight 16 gram MTTF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storag
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm Connector insertion / removal 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-T35 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 22, 2011
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 demo imageMay 28, 2012
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 Board Support Package (password required)May 28, 2012
- WinCE 6.0 Board Support Package (password required)September 10, 2012
- WinCE 6.0 Demo ImageSeptember 10, 2012
- CM-T3530 U-Boot packageApril 1, 2014
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-T3530 software packages, please refer to the CM-T3530 software archive.
CM-T3530 and SBC-T3530 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 3.5" 640 x 480 LCD panel with touchscreen and stylus pen
- 2MP USB camera module
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Keypad and cable
- Lithium-ion battery, 2.85 A/h
- 5V power supply
Product status: MatureCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-T3530-Dx-Cx-Nx-[E]-[I]-[U]-[W]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-T3530-D64-C600-N128 1K-unit price $55
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) DRAM size 64 MB
CPU type & speed OMAP3503 / 600 MHz
OMAP3530 / 720 MHz
NAND flash size 128 MB
WiFi (discontinued) No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5