MCM-iMX8M-Mini - soldered System-on-Module
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Ultra miniature form-factor - 30 x 30 mm, 5 gram
- Ideal for space constrained and portable systems
Solderable QFN package
- Solderable as a regular QFN component
- Designed for SMT placement and reflow soldering
- Suitable for manual assembly and removal
- Tiny size and weight - 30 x 30 x 3 mm, 5 gram
- NXP i.MX8M Mini quad-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC
- PCIe, 2x USB, RGMII, 2x SD, 4x UART, 86x GPIO
- Wide temperature range of -40C to 85C
- Less than 4mA in suspend mode
Yocto, Debian and Android
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system, Debian and Android
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Also available as UCM-iMX8M-Mini
- Miniature board-to-board connectors
- Similar features and size
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU NXP i.MX8M Mini DualLite, dual-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz C1800D NXP i.MX8M Mini Dual, dual-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz C1800DM NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad, quad-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz C1800QM Video Decode 1080p60 H.265, H.264, VP8, VP9 C1800DM
Video Encode 1080p60 H.264, VP8 C1800DM
GPU GC NanoUltra GPU
OpenGL ES 2.0, Open VG 1.1
ARM Cortex-M4 +
Memory and Storage
RAM 1GB – 4GB, LPDDR4 D Storage eMMC flash, 4GB - 64GB N
Display, Camera and Audio
Display MIPI-DSI, 4 data lanes, up to 1920 x 1080 @60Hz + Touchscreen Capacitive touch-screen support through SPI and I2C interfaces + Camera MIPI-CSI, 4 data lanes + Digital Audio Up-to 2x I2S / SAI + S/PDIF input/output +
Ethernet 1000Mbps Ethernet port, RGMII interface +
PCI Express PCIe x1 Gen. 2.1 + USB 2x USB2.0 dual-role ports + UART Up to 4x UART + MMC/SD/SDIO Up to 2x MMC/SD/SDIO + SPI Up to 3x SPI + I2C Up to 3x I2C + GPIO Up to 86x GPIO (multifunctional signals shared with other functions) +
System Logic and Debug
RTC Real time clock, powered by external battery + JTAG JTAG debug interface +
3.45V to 4.4V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V Power consumption 0.5 - 2.5 W, depending on system load and board configuration
Dimensions 30 x 30 x 3 mm Weight 5 gram Package 140-pin, 0.8mm pitch QFN
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- MCM-iMX8M-Mini Reference GuideOctober 4, 2020
- MCM-iMX8M-Mini Yocto Linux packageJuly 26, 2020
- MCM-iMX8M-Mini Debian Linux imageJuly 1, 2020
Previous versionsFor previous versions of the MCM-iMX8M-Mini software packages, please refer to the MCM-iMX8M-Mini software archive.
MCM-iMX8M-Mini Evaluation Kit
- MCM-iMX8M-C1800QM-D2-N16 SOM assembled on
- 5" WXGA LCD with capacitive touch panel
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 12V power supply
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- MCM-iMX8M-C1800QM-D2-N16 SOM assembled on
Product status: Active
CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product.
P/N template: MCM-iMX8M-Cx-Dx-Nx-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: MCM-iMX8M-C1800D-D1-N4 1K-unit price: $47
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) CPU type i.MX8M Mini DualLite
i.MX8M Mini Dual
i.MX8M Mini Quad
DRAM size 1GB
Storage 4GB eMMC (MLC)
16GB eMMC (MLC)
32GB eMMC (MLC)
64GB eMMC (MLC)
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.95 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5