Terms and Conditions
- Technical support is provided to all commercial customers. CompuLab operates an on-line ticketing system for all technical support correspondence. Access to support system is available immediately following purchasing of evaluation kit and registration of the supported project.
- Technical support is provided directly by CompuLab design engineers responsible for hardware and software development of the supported product.
Orders from Stock
- CompuLab maintains an inventory of products and accessories to enable fast prototyping and development support. These can be directly ordered from CompuLab. Quantities in stock are usually not meant to support full scale production volumes.
- Products from stock require no minimum order, and are shipped (if available) on the next business day.
- The specifications of stock items are updated periodically, to satisfy most prevalent demand.
- Products in stock can also be ordered with certification for extended or industrial temperature range. No minimum order, delivery time (if items are in stock) is 2 weeks.
- Items in stock cannot be allocated for future or scheduled shipment. All available quantity is shipped at once, as soon as possible.
- Stock refill of products in Mature phase of their life cycle is slower and refill quantities are smaller. There is no stock refill of products in (or after) EOL phase of their life cycle.
Orders of Custom Configurations
- Custom configuration products require a minimum order of 100 units.
- Typical delivery time is 12 weeks, worst case is 16 weeks. Delivery status updates are provided starting from 10th week after order placement. Delivery expedition is possible in certain cases.
- There is no “minimal” delivery time, in some cases orders are supplied almost immediately. Customer should accept ordered items as soon as available.
- Orders for custom configuration of products are non-cancelable and non-returnable. Modifications of quantity, configuration or delivery time are subject to CompuLab’s approval.
- Due to yield variation, the supplied quantity can deviate from -1% to +2% relative to the original order. Customers agree to receive and guarantee payment for this range of quantity supplied.
- CompuLab manufactures only the latest revision of the boards and cannot accept requests for manufacturing the revision other than the latest one.
Order Placement Process
- Order must specify the exact CompuLab part number (as explained in the “Ordering Information” tab of the product page), quantity, price and delivery time. This information can be obtained by requesting a quotation from CompuLab sales department.
- CompuLab is not responsible for any mistakes found in the customer purchase order.
- In the case of discrepancy between published terms and terms specified in the order, published terms rule unless agreed otherwise between the parties in writing.
- Order processing begins once payment terms are met.
- Courier Account
Items can be shipped on either CompuLab’s courier account or the customer’s courier account.
All shipments are insured. CompuLab’s shipping department requests that the couriers insure all shipments by default, unless otherwise explicitly specified in the customer’s order.
- Responsibility in case of loss
Items shipped on CompuLab’s courier account remain CompuLab’s responsibility until delivery to the customer.
Items shipped on the customer’s courier account are the customer’s sole responsibility from collection at CompuLab. Loss or damage during shipment is considered similar to loss/damage in the customer’s facilities.
- No Consolidations
Consolidation requests are ignored in most cases, especially if they refer to items not available at the same time. Items available for shipment at the same time are usually consolidated by default.
Shipping is accompanied with an Invoice and Packing List containing:
– List of contents, according to CompuLab’s part numbers
– Shipping and Billing addresses
– Date, invoice number, end user name
– Payment terms and banking details
– Certificate of Compliance (COC) statement
– Country of Origin statement
Beyond that listed above, no other documentation is provided, even if specifically requested in a customer’s order form.
- For initial transactions:
Order below $10K – on order
Order above $10K – 50% on order and 50% before shipment (i.e. as soon as items are available for shipment)
- After accumulated purchases of $100K:
Order below $10K – within 30 days of shipment
Order above $10K – 50% on order and 50% within 30 days of shipment.
- Late payments: CompuLab reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 1% per month for all outstanding debts not paid according to the agreed terms. Compulab also reserves the right to revise customer’s payment terms, in case of outstanding debt or payment delays.
CompuLab guarantees hardware products against defects in workmanship and material for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment. Your sole remedy and CompuLab’s sole liability shall be for CompuLab, at its sole discretion, to either repair or replace the defective hardware product at no charge or to refund the purchase price. Shipment costs in both directions are the responsibility of the customer. This warranty is void if the hardware product has been altered or damaged by accident, misuse or abuse.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED, OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THEIR EQUIVALENTS UNDER THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION, EXCEPT THE WARRANTY EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES OF ANY PURCHASER WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
Limitation on Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPULAB BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE SUFFERED OR INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPULAB BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY) THAT YOU MAY SUFFER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM USE OF ANY PRODUCT.
Test and repair service when warranty does not apply
Following warranty expiration, or when warranty does not apply, service is provided at fixed rates:
Product examination / testing – $50, for all products regardless of test results, plus –
Product repair – $80, only for repaired products.
CompuLab does not guarantee that it will be able to repair.
Failing products are discarded; only functional products are shipped back.
Service is provided for batches of 10 products or more. Shipment costs in both directions and taxes, if any, are covered by the customer.
In case of unjustified round of inspection – if fully functional products were returned for repair, the $50 per product testing rate is applied regardless if products were under warranty or not.