SBC-iMX8M-Mini - NXP i.MX8M MiniSingle Board Computer
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces
- Optimized for industrial embedded applications
NXP i.MX8M Mini processor
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, 1.8GHz
- Integrated 2D/3D GPU and 1080p VPU
- Real-time ARM Cortex-M4 co-processor
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC
- MIPI-DSI interface, up to 1080p60
- Certified dual-band WiFi 802.11ac, BT 4.2
- mini-PCIe, Gbit Ethernet, 2x USB, RS232
Yocto Linux and Android
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system, Android and U-Boot
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-UCMIMX8 carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "SOM option" column specifies the UCM-iMX8M-Mini P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-iMX8M-Mini feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached UCM-iMX8M-Mini and the features implemented on SB-UCMIMX8. For a particular feature to be present, both the SOM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option SOM Option
Please refer to UCM-iMX8M-Mini specifications
Display and Camera
LCD panel MIPI-DSI interface, up to 1920x1080, FPC connector
Capacitive touch-screen interface, FPC connector
Fully supports Startec KD050HDFIA020 5" 1280x720 LCD panel
+ + Camera MIPI CSI, 2x12 B2B connector
Compatible with LI-OV5640-MIPI-AF camera module
Ethernet 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector
+ E WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi interface
Broadcom BCM43353 chipset
+ WB Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2 BLE + WB Cellular Support for cellular modem (via mini-PCie socket)
On-board micro-SIM card socket
Analog Audio Analog stereo output, line-in, 3.5mm jacks
WM8731L audio codec on SB-UCMIMX8
+ + Digital Audio S/PDIF input/output, 3.5mm jacks + +
PCI Express mini-PCIe socket, full-size + + USB 1x USB2.0 OTG, micro-USB connector + + 1x USB2.0 host, type-A connector + + MMC / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO interface. Micro- SD socket. + + Serial 1x serial debug port via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector + + 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, ultra-mini serial connector
* mutually exclusive with serial debug port via USB
+ + Up-to 2x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + SPI Up-to 1x SPI interface, 100-mil header + + I2C Up-to 2x I2C interface, 100-mil header + + GPIO Up-to 34x GPIO, 100-mil header + +
System and Debug
RTC Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery + + JTAG JTAG debug interface, 100-mil header + +
Unregulated 8V to 18V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 118 x 118 x 22 mm Weight 125 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- UCM-iMX8M-Mini reference guideMay 21, 2020
- UCM-iMX8M-Mini mechanical drawingsJanuary 24, 2019
- UCM-iMX8M-Mini 3D modelJune 30, 2019
- SB-UCMIMX8 design - schematics, mechanical drawings, layoutMay 7, 2019
- UCM-iMX8M-Mini Yocto Linux packageNovember 18, 2019
- UCM-iMX8M-Mini Debian Linux packageJune 24, 2019
- UCM-iMX8M-Mini Android imageApril 10, 2019
Previous versionsFor previous versions of the UCM-iMX8M-Mini software packages, please refer to the UCM-iMX8M-Mini software archive.
UCM-iMX8M-Mini and SBC-iMX8M-Mini Evaluation Kit
- SB-UCMIMX8 carrier board
- 5" WXGA LCD with capacitive touch panel
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 12V power supply
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
Documents and Guides
Product status: Intro
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product.
Note: The SB-UCMIMX8 carrier-board must contain a UCM-iMX8M-Mini module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to SB-UCMIMX8 only.
P/N template: SB-UCMIMX8-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-UCMIMX8 1K-units price $67
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0