CM-T3517 – TI AM3517 System-on-Module (SoM) | Computer-on-Module (CoM)
- Low cost ARM solution for embedded applications.
- Designed for fast integration into existing embedded systems.
- Wide range of interfaces delivers extensive connectivity.
- Full-featured Computer-On-Module (CoM) starting at $49
- Texas Instruments Cortex-A8 Sitara AM3505 or AM3517 SoC, up to 600 MHz
- Up to 256MB DDR2
- Onboard micro-SD socket / up to 512MB NAND for bootloader and storage
- Display controller with 1400x1050 max resolution
- PowerVR SGX GPU with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support
- Ethernet, USB2.0 x5, UART x4,GPIO x134, SDIO, SPI, I2C, CAN bus
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Analog audio, touch-screen
- General purpose bus
- Tiny size: 66 x 44 x 7 mm
- Interchangeable with other modules via CAMI connectors
- SB-T35 carrier board turns the CM-T3517 module into SBC-T3517 - a tiny single board computer
The CM-T3517 is a small computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. The CM-T3517 includes all the peripherals required to run operating systems such as Linux and Windows CE. Ready packages for these operating systems are available from CompuLab.
The small size and low power consumption of the CM-T3517 allow its integration into portable and space-constrained designs, while its low price makes it an ideal selection for cost-sensitive applications.
The CM-T3517 features Texas Instruments’ Sitara AM3517/05 system-on-chip based on the advanced Cortex-A8 ARM CPU with a PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration. For embedded applications, the CM-T3517 provides a general-purpose local bus, 100Mbit Ethernet, CAN bus, serial ports, I/O lines and other essential functions, while the integrated WLAN and Bluetooth interfaces implement industry standard wireless connectivity.
The standardized CAMI ("CompuLab's Aggregated Module Interface") connectors of the CM-T3517 module allow interchangeability with other Computer-On-Module's available from CompuLab, enabling the flexibility required by a dynamic market in which application requirements can change rapidly.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Texas Instruments AM3505 or AM3517 600 MHz CPU, NEON SIMD coprocessor.
32KB (L1) + 256KB (L2) cache. DMA, Interrupt controllers, Timers
C RAM 128 - 256 MB DDR2, 333 MHz, 16/32-bit D NAND Flash Disk * 128 - 512 Mbytes, bootable N Micro-SD socket * Onboard micro-SD socket with up to 8G storage, bootable NS External local bus 16-bit, variable rate up to 83 MHz, 3.3V levels +
* NAND flash disk and micro-SD socket are mutually exclusive configuration options.
Feature Specifications Option Display Controller 1 to 24 bit bpp, resolution up to 1400 x 1050, frame buffer in system DDR. Display types support : TFT (parallel RGB), STN, composite video - PAL / NTSC
+ 2D / 3D graphics PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support. Part of Sitara AM3517 SoC C600G Camera Interface REC656/CCIR-656 standard support
YCbCr 4:2:2 support
8-bit interface. Pixel clock up to 75MHz. DMA support.
+ USB - Host / Slave (OTG) USB2 high-speed port, 480 Mbps
- Additional one to four USB2 host ports, 480 Mbps
U Serial Ports
Up to 4 UART ports, 16C750 compatible:
COM-A – 3.3V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
COM-B – 3.3V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
COM-C – RS232 interface, Rx / Tx only, 225 Kbps
COM-D – 3.3V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
+ General Purpose I/O Up to 134 lines shared with other functions. Can also be used as interrupt inputs + Keyboard & mouse USB, keypad or redirection from COM port + Ethernet Sitara integrated MAC & PHY: 10/100BaseT, Activity LED's E MMC / SD MMC / SD / SDIO support including SDHC up to 32GB + Audio codec I2S / McBSP compliant audio codec, stereo output, electret mic input, mic bias output A Touch-screen TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Support 4-wire resistive panels I RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + WiFi and
Implements 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity standard. Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure modes. Based on TI WL1271L chipset. On-board connector for external antenna.
W CAN CAN bus interface +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 3.3V or Lithium-ion polymer battery Active power consumption 0.2 - 2 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Dimensions 66 x 44 x 7 mm Weight 16 gram MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70°C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C.
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm Connector insertion / removal 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-T35-design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 22, 2011
- CM-T3517 U-Boot packageNovember 19, 2015
- CM-T3517 Linux packageJanuary 15, 2013
- CM-T3517 Windows CE Board Support Package (password required)October 26, 2015
- CM-T3517 Windows CE demo imageOctober 26, 2015
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-T3517 software packages, please refer to the CM-T3517 software archive.
CM-T3517 and SBC-T3517 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 3.5" 640 x 480 LCD panel with touchscreen and stylus pen
- 2MP USB camera module
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Keypad and cable
- Lithium-ion battery, 2.85 A/h
- 5V power supply
Product status: MatureCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-T3517-Dx-Cx-Nx-[E]-[A]-[I]-[Ux]-[W]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-T3517-D128-C600-N128 1K-unit price $49
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) DRAM size 128MB
CPU type & speed AM3505 / 600 MHz
AM3517 / 600 MHz
Storage (must select one) micro SD slot only
8GB micro SD
USB, number of ports 1
WiFi & Bluetooth No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5