CM-T3730 – TI DM3730 System-on-Module (SoM) | Computer-on-Module (CoM)
- ARM module featuring high performance in a low-power envelope.
- Advanced video and graphics enable multimedia applications.
- Ideal choice for mobile and battery powered systems.
- Fully-featured Computer-On-Module (CoM) starting from $55
- Texas Instruments Cortex-A8 DM3730 or AM3703 CPU, up to 1000 MHz
- Up to 256MB mobile DDR
- Onboard micro-SD socket / up to 512MB NAND for bootloader and storage.
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Display controller with 1400x1050 max resolution
- H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, JPEG, WMV9 and additional video codecs implemented by IVA2.2 Subsystem using TMS320C64x+ DSP core @800 MHz
- PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support
- General purpose bus
- SDIO / MMC interface
- Camera Interface port
- Sound codec with speaker and microphone support
- Touchscreen controller
- USB OTG and Host ports
- Serial ports, GPIO
- 100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Very low standby and active power consumption
- Tiny size: 66 x 44 x 7 mm
- Interchangeable with other modules via CAMI connectors
- SB-T35 carrier board turns the CM-T3730 module into SBC-T3730 - a single board computer
CM-T3730 is a small computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. The CM-T3730 features all the components required to run operating systems such as Linux and Windows CE. Ready packages for these operating systems are available from CompuLab.
The small size and low power consumption of CM-T3730 allow its integration into hand-held and mobile devices, while its low price makes it an ideal selection for cost-sensitive embedded applications..
CM-T3730 is based on TI's 1GHz DaVinci DM3730 processor which combines two CPU cores in single package - an advanced Cortex-A8 ARM CPU and TMS32064x DSP for dedicated video processing.
TI's new 45nm processors combined with low voltage Mobile DDR enable very low power consumption in regular operation and in standby.
CM-T3730 I/O provides a general purpose local bus, 100Mbit Ethernet, serial ports, GPIOs and other essential functions, while integrated WiFi & Bluetooth interfaces implement industry standard wireless connectivity.
The standardized CAMI ("CompuLab's Aggregated Module Interface") connectors of the CM-T3730 module allow interchangeability with other computer-on-module's available from CompuLab, enabling the flexibility required in a dynamic market where application requirements can change rapidly.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Texas Instruments AM3703 (800MHz) / DM3730 (1GHz, DSP, PowerVR SGX) CPU.
NEON™ SIMD Coprocessor. L1 cache: 112 KB (DSP), 64 KB (ARM).
L2 cache: 96 KB (DSP), 256 KB (ARM) DMA, interrupt controllers, timers.
C RAM 64 - 256 MB, Mobile DDR, 166 MHz, 32-bit D NAND Flash Disk* 128 - 512 Mbytes, bootable N Micro-SD socket* Onboard micro-SD socket with up to 8G storage, bootable NS External local bus 16-bit, variable rate up to 133 MHz, 1.8V levels +
* NAND flash disk and micro-SD socket are mutually exclusive configuration options.
Feature Specifications Option Controller 4/8/16/24 bit color, resolution up to 1400 x 1050, frame buffer in system DDR. Display types support : TFT (parallel RGB), STN, composite video - PAL / NTSC + Video acceleration IVA2.2 Subsystem TMS320C64x+ DSP core running at 800 MHz. Supporting H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, JPEG, WMV9 and additional codecs. Part of DM3730 CPU C1000M 2D / 3D graphics acceleration PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support. Part of DM3730 CPU C1000M Camera Interface Direct camera sensor support, max resolution 4096 x 4096, pixel clock up to 130MHz. BT.601 / BT.656 Digital YCbCr 4:2:2 (8/16-Bit) interface. + USB - Host / Slave (OTG) USB2 high-speed port, 480 Mbps
- Additional two USB2 host ports, 480 Mbps, EHCI compliant
+ U Serial Ports
3 UART ports, 16550 compatible:
COM-A – 1.8V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
COM-B – 1.8V interface, partial modem controls, 3.6 Mbps
COM-C – 1.8V / RS232 interface, Rx / Tx only, 250 Kbps
+ General Purpose I/O Up to 104 lines shared with other functions. Can also be used as interrupt inputs + Keyboard & mouse USB, keypad or redirection from COM port + Ethernet SMSC LAN9220 MAC & PHY, 10/100BaseT, Activity LED's E MMC / SD MMC / SD / SDIO support including SDHC up to 32GB, in addition to the onboard storage W Audio codec I2S compliant audio codec, stereo output, differential mic input + Touchscreen ctrl. TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Support 4-wire resistive panels I RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + WiFi and Bluetooth Interface Implements 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity standard. Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure modes. Based on TI WL1271L chipset. On-board connector for external antenna.
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 3.8V or Lithium-ion polymer battery Active power consumption 0.2 - 2 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Standby/Sleep consumption 20 - 100 mW, depending on configuration and mode Dimensions 66 x 44 x 7 mm Weight 16 gram MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storag
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm Connector insertion / removal 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-T35 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 23, 2011
- CM-T3730 Windows CE 6.0 Board Support Package (password required)October 26, 2015
- CM-T3730 Windows CE 6.0 Demo ImageOctober 26, 2015
- CM-T3730 Windows Embedded Compact 7 demo imageMay 28, 2012
- CM-T3730 Windows Embedded Compact 7 Board Support Package (password required)May 28, 2012
- CM-T3730 U-Boot packageApril 1, 2014
- CM-T3730 Linux packageFebruary 18, 2014
- CM-T3730 Android packageNovember 26, 2013
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-T3730 software packages, please refer to the CM-T3730 software archive.
CM-T3730 and SBC-T3730 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 3.5" 640 x 480 LCD panel with touchscreen and stylus pen
- 2MP USB camera module
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Keypad and cable
- Lithium-ion battery, 2.85 A/h
- 5V power supply
Product status: MatureCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-T3730-Dx-Cx-Nx-[E]-[I]-[U]-[W]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-T3730-D64-C800 1K-unit price $ 55
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) DRAM size 64MB
CPU type & speed AM3703 / 800 MHz
DM3730 / 1000 MHz
Storage (must select one) micro SD slot only
8GB micro SD
WiFi & Bluetooth No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5