EM-T3730 embedded mobile board
- Miniature handheld computer for embedded applications.
- Modular design delivers an easily customizable platform.
- Low cost and flexible system provide an ideal solution for cost-sensitive applications.
- Full-featured handheld computer for embedded applications
- Cortex-A8 DM3730 or AM3703 CPU, up to 1000 MHz
- Up to 256 Mbyte mobile DDR
- Onboard micro-SD socket for bootloader and storage
- Integrated 3.5" 480 x 640 VGA display with touchscreen (optional)
- Graphics controller supporting STN and TFT panels with 1400 x 1050 max resolution
- H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, JPEG, WMV9 and additional video codecs implemented by the TMS320C64x+ DSP core @ 800 MHz
- PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES and OpenVG support
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n interface with on-board ceramic antenna
- Bluetooth 4.0 compliant interface
- Micro SD socket
- Keypad interface
- Audio codec with integrated speaker and microphone
- High-speed USB OTG and host ports
- Programmable general purpose buttons and indicator LED’s
- On-board back-up battery
- Advanced power management sub-system with Lithium-ion battery charger
- Very low standby and active power consumption
- Standard size: 111 x 67 mm. Custom sizes and form factors are available on demand.
The EM-T3730 is a small handheld computer based on the Texas Instruments DM3730 processor. It is implemented by combination of CM-T3730 module providing most of the functions, and CB-T3 carrier board providing connectors and several additional features. The rich feature set of the EM-T3730 is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application. Board form factor is also customizable.
The DM3730 processor of EM-T3730 combines two CPU cores in single package - an advanced Cortex-A8 ARM CPU for running operating system and application code, and TMS32064x DSP for dedicated video processing. Mobile DDR enables very low power consumption in regular operation and in standby.
Power supply options of the EM-T3730 enable its integration in mobile applications powered by a rechargeable battery. Charger and battery management support is provided on-board.
Thanks to modular design of EM-T3730, the board form factor and functionality can be easily customized according to specific application requirements. Customization service is offered by partnership of CompuLab and Bauer TKP.
- The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of CM-T3730 required to have the particular feature. EM-T3730 content is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-T3730 and the features implemented on the CB-T3 carrier board. CB-T3 is always provided in full configuration, it has no options.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Buses
Feature Specification CM
See Feature List of the CM-T3730 module LCD Panel TD035STEE1 (3.5”, 480x640, TFT) panel support. 60-pos FPC connector for direct interface with TD035STEE1.
Note: This panel is intended for evaluation purpose. It cannot be purchased for mass production.
+ COM-C Rx/TX only, RS-232, ultra mini serial conn. + Ethernet CM-T3730 100 Mbps Ethernet port, FPC connector. E USB2 OTG USB 2.0 OTG port, USB micro-AB connector. + USB 2.0 host Two USB 2.0 host ports, 480 Mbps. Implemented by USB 2.0 high-speed hub. Micro-AB connectors. U Touchscreen interface TSC2046 touchscreen controller supporting resistive touch panels. I Audio I/O I2S compliant audio codec. On-board microphone, speaker and a stereo output jack. + RTC Real time clock component on CM-T3730. Rechargeable coin cell back-up battery. + Wi-Fi Wi-Fi interface, provided by CM-T3730. On-board ceramic antenna and connector for an external antenna. W SDIO / MMC MMC / SD / SDIO interface (including SDHC up to 32GB). Standard micro-SD socket. + Keypad interface 6x6 matrix keypad interface. + Battery management Battery charging and supervision sub-system for Lithium-ion polymer batteries +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage High efficiency switched power supply. Support of sleep mode.
Unregulated 3.3 to 4.2 volt input from battery or regulated 5V from wall adapter
Power Consumption 1W to 3W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features
Below 50mW in sleep mode
Dimensions 111 mm (L) x 67 mm (W) x 15 mm (H) Weight Board - 53 grams, LCD - 45 grams, battery - 35 grams Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
Hardware Design Resources
- CB-T3 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 25, 2011
- CM-T3730 Windows CE 6.0 Board Support Package (password required)October 26, 2015
- CM-T3730 Windows CE 6.0 Demo ImageOctober 26, 2015
- CM-T3730 Windows Embedded Compact 7 demo imageMay 28, 2012
- CM-T3730 Windows Embedded Compact 7 Board Support Package (password required)May 28, 2012
- CM-T3730 U-Boot packageApril 1, 2014
- CM-T3730 Linux packageFebruary 18, 2014
ArchiveFor previous versions of the EM-T3730 software packages, please refer to the EM-T3730 software archive.
EM-T3730 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- CB-T3 carrier board
- LCD panel - 3.5" TFT 480 x 640, including touchscreen
- Cables for USB and serial port
- General purpose LCD adapter
- FPC cables
- Power supply
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The CB-T3 must contain a CM-T3730 module for the implementation of a self-contained EM-T3730. Options specified on this page are for the CB-T3 only. P/N template: CB-T3
Minimal configuration P/N: CB-T3 1K-units price $45
Feature Options P/N code Temperature range Commercial - Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.3 10 1.4 1 1.5