SBC-A510 Single Board Computer
- High-performance ARM single board computer in a mini-ATX form factor.
- Advanced video and graphics enable high-end multimedia applications.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces delivers extensive connectivity.
- Single board computer implemented by the combination of a CM-A510 module and a SB-A510 baseboard. Mini-ATX form factor.
- Marvell Armada 510 SoC @1000MHz
- 1GB DDR3
- 512MB NAND flash
- VMeta video decode sub-system @500MHz with H.264, MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 support
- Integrated GPU with 2D/3D graphics acceleration and OpenGL-ES support
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11b/g/n interface
- 1920 x 1080 graphics controller with interfaces for LVDS, RGB, DVI and VGA monitors
- 2 x 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports
- SATA hard-drive interface
- 4 x USB2 high-speed host ports
- PCI Express and PCI extension interfaces
- MMC / SD / SDIO socket
- Sound codec with stereo output, line input and S/PDIF output support
- Touchscreen interface
- Serial ports, GPIO’s
- 7V - 17V DC power supply, 3 - 8 watt
- RTC with lithium back-up battery
The SBC-A510 is a mini-ATX compliant, single board computer. It is implemented with a CM-A510 module providing most of the functions, and a SB-A510 carrier board providing standard connectors and additional peripherals. The rich feature set of the SBC-A510 is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The SBC-A510 features expansion connectors, that open it to a wide range of standard peripheral cards. Wide input range switched power supply is compatible with requirements for telecom and automotive applications.
- SB-A510 does not have assembly options. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of CM-A510 required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specification CM
2D / 3D graphics
See Feature List of CM-A510 module COM-A Partial modem controls, RS-232, ultra mini serial conn. + COM-B Rx/Tx only, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + COM-C Partial modem controls, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + Gigabit Ethernet One or two CM-A510 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports.
RJ-45 connectors and activity LED's.
Ex Hard disk SATA-II interface, standard SATA connector + LCD Panel TFT panel support. 40-pos FPC connector for direct interface to certain TFT panels + VGA Analog VGA interface. DB-15 connector + DVI DVI monitor support, HDMI connector + LVDS 4 pair LVDS panel interface, 100-mil header + USB 2.0 host Two USB 2.0 host ports, 480 Mbps, type-A connectors
Additional two USB 2.0 high speed port, 480 Mbps, type-A connectors
PCI Express Mini PCI Express x1 slot + PCI
Single PCI slot, configurable 3.3V or 5V voltage level
Note: only one extension slot is functional at a time: PCI or PCI Express
+ WiFi WiFi interface, including on-board antenna connector, provided on CM-A510 W MMC / SD / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO support (including SDHC up to 32GB). Standard full-size SD socket. + Camera Direct camera sensor support. 40-pos FPC connector. + GPIO 12 lines, 100-mil header. + Touch Panel TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Interface to LCD panel. I Sound I/O I2S compliant audio codec, line input and speakers (stereo) jacks A RTC Battery Real time clock on CM-A510, supplied by back-up lithium battery on SB-A510 +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage High efficiency switched power supply.
Unregulated 7.5 to 17 volt input
Power Consumption 3W to 8W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features Dimensions 170 mm (L) x 170 mm (W) x 35 mm (H) Weight 200 gram Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
- CM-A510 Reference GuideAugust 2, 2011
- SB-A510 Reference GuideAugust 2, 2011
- CM-A510 dimensions and connectors locationAugust 2, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-A510 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 2, 2011
- CM-A510 U-Boot packageAugust 26, 2015
- CM-A510 Linux packageAugust 31, 2015
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-A510 software packages, please refer to the CM-A510 software archive.
CM-A510 and SBC-A510 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- SB-A510 carrier board
- 2GB SD card (for o/s installation)
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- Adapters and cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Power supply
- Heat dissipation plate
Product status: DiscontinuedThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-A510 base-board must contain a CM-A510 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-A510 only. P/N template: SB-A510
Minimal configuration P/N:
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-A510 1K-unit price $65
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5