CM-A510 computer-on-module (CoM) | system-on-module (SoM)
- High-performance ARM solution in a miniature form factor.
- Advanced video and graphics enable high-end multimedia applications.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces delivers extensive connectivity.
- Marvell Armada 510 CPU, dual issue ARMv7, up to 1000 MHz
- Up to 1024 Mbyte DDR3
- Up to 512 Mbyte Flash Disk, including filesystem protection
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11b/g/n Interface
- Graphics controller with parallel RGB and analog RGB interfaces, 1920x1080 resolution
- H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VC-1 and additional video codecs implemented by the VMeta subsystem
- Integrated GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES support
- Two 1000 Mbps Ethernet ports
- Four high-speed USB ports
- PCI Express interface
- SDIO / MMC interface
- Camera Interface port
- Touchscreen controller
- Audio sub-system with speaker, microphone and S/PDIF support
- Serial ports, I2C, GPIO
- Low standby and active power consumption
- Small size: 75 x 65 x 8 mm
- SB-A510 carrier board turns the CM-A510 module into SBC-A510 - a single board computer
The CM-A510 is a small computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. The CM-A510 has all the components required to run most up to date Linux operating system or its derivatives. Ready-to-run software packages are available from CompuLab.
The small size and low power consumption of the CM-A510 allows its integration into portable and space-constrained designs, while its low price makes it an ideal selection for cost-sensitive applications. The CM-A510 delivers fast processing and a rich multimedia user experience, in a low-power design that offers fast Internet browsing, HD video playback, 3D graphics and high-speed connectivity.
CM-A510 is based on a high-performance, low-power Marvell Armada 510 system-on-chip with an ARM v6/v7-compliant super-scalar processor core, hardware graphics processing unit, video decoding acceleration hardware and a broad range of peripherals.
For embedded applications, the CM-A510 provides a variety of display interfaces, PCI Express bus, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, high-speed USB ports, SATA interface, serial ports, general-purpose I/O lines and many other essential functions. The user interface is supported by an enhanced graphics controller, USB interface for keyboard/mouse and an audio sub-system.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Marvell Armada 510 CPU, 800 / 1000 MHz.
ARMv7 architecture, integrated FPU, WMMX2, L1 cache: 32 KB (I-Cache), 32 KB (D-Cache), L2 cache: 512 KB, DMA, Interrupt controller, Timers
C RAM 512 - 1024 MB, DDR3, 400 MHz, 32-bit D NAND Flash Disk 128 - 512 Mbytes N Boot flash 1MB, SPI interface, reprogrammable + PCI Express bus PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 1.1. One or two lanes.
Note: second lane is shared with optional second Ethernet controller
Feature Specifications Option Graphics Controller 16/18/24 bit color, resolution up to 1920 x 1080, frame buffer in system memory. Display types support: TFT (parallel RGB), analog VGA. Single and dual head support. + Video acceleration VMeta video decode subsystem running at rate up to 500 MHz. Supporting H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and VC-1. + 2D / 3D graphics Integrated GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration with OpenGL-ES support. + USB Two Host / Slave USB2 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps U2 Additional two USB2 host ports, 480 Mbps U4 Ethernet 1000 Mb/s Ethernet port implemented with Armada 510 MAC + RTL8211D PHY
E1 Additional 1000 Mb/s Ethernet port implemented with the Realtek RTL8111 controller E2 SATA interface Armada 510 integrated SATA-II controller + PHY, 3Gb/s speed + Serial Ports
3 UART ports, 16550 compatible:
COM-A – RS232 interface, partial modem controls, 250 Kbps
COM-B – 3.3V interface, Rx / Tx only, 900 Kbps
COM-C – 3.3V interface, partial modem controls, 900 Kbps
+ Camera Interface Direct camera sensor support, max resolution 1920 x 1080, pixel clock up to 50MHz. ITU BT.656, digital RGB/YCbCr interface. + General Purpose I/O Up to 38 lines shared with other functions. Can also be used as interrupt inputs + Keyboard & mouse USB, keypad or redirection from COM port + MMC / SD MMC / SD / SDIO support including SDHC up to 32GB + Audio S/PDIF output, consumer mode IEC60958-3 + Optional I2S compliant audio codec, stereo output, differential mic input A Touchscreen ctrl. TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Support 4-wire resistive panels I RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + WiFi
Implements 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity standard.
Broadcom 4319 802.11b/g/n chipset. On-board connector for external antenna.
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 5.0V DC Active power consumption 2 - 5 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Standby/Sleep consumption 50 - 200 mW, depending on configuration and mode Dimensions 75 x 65 x 8 mm Weight 31 gram MTTF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm Connector insertion / removal 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-A510 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 2, 2011
- CM-A510 U-Boot packageAugust 26, 2015
- CM-A510 Linux packageAugust 31, 2015
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-A510 software packages, please refer to the CM-A510 software archive.
CM-A510 and SBC-A510 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- SB-A510 carrier board
- 2GB SD card (for o/s installation)
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- Adapters and cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Power supply
- Heat dissipation plate
Product status: DiscontinuedCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-A510-[Dx]-C800-[N512]-[Ex]-[A]-[I]-[Ux]-[W]-[H]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-A510-D512-C800-U2 1K-unit price $ 75
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) DRAM size 512 MB
CPU speed 800 MHz C800 - NAND flash size (none)
Ethernet ports (none)
USB ports 2
WiFi (discontinued) No
Heat dissipation plate No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5