SBC-iMX8 - NXP i.MX8M Single Board Computer
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces
- Optimized for industrial embedded applications
NXP i.MX8M processor family
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, 1.5GHz
- Integrated 2D/3D GPU and 4K VPU
- Real-time ARM Cortex-M4 co-processor
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC
- HDMI 2.0a, LVDS, LCD, up to 4096 x 2160
- Gbit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11ac, BT 4.1
- mini-PCIe, 4x USB3.0, RS232, RS485, 34x GPIO
Yocto Linux and Android
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system, Android and U-Boot
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-iMX8 carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "SOM option" column specifies the CL-SOM-iMX8 P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-iMX8 feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached CL-SOM-iMX8 and the features implemented on SB-iMX8. For a particular feature to be present, both the SOM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option SOM Option
Please refer to CL-SOM-iMX8 specifications
Display and Camera
HDMI HDMI 2.0a, up-to 4096 x 2160 @60Hz, HDMI connector + + LVDS LVDS interface, up to 1366x768 + LL Camera MIPI CSI, 2x12 B2B connector compatible with LI-OV5640-MIPI-AF camera module + +
Ethernet 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector
+ E WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi interface
Intel 8265 chipset
+ WB Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2 BLE
* mutually exclusive with on-board USB hub
+ WB Cellular Support for cellular modem (via mini-PCie socket)
On-board micro-SIM card socket
Analog Audio Analog stereo output, line-in, 3.5mm jacks
Implemented with the CL-SOM-iMX8 audio codec
+ A Digital Audio S/PDIF input/output, 3.5mm jacks + +
PCI Express mini-PCIe socket, full-size + + USB 1x USB3.0 dual-role, micro-USB connector + + 3x USB3.0 host, type-A connectors
* functionally mutually exclusive with Bluetooth
+ + MMC / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO interface. Standard full-size SD socket. + + Serial 1x serial debug port via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector + + 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, ultra-mini serial connector
* mutually exclusive with serial debug port via USB
+ + RS485 port, RJ11 connector + + Up-to 2x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + SPI Up-to 1x SPI interface, 100-mil header + + I2C Up-to 2x I2C interface, 100-mil header + + GPIO Up-to 34x GPIO, 100-mil header + +
System and Debug
RTC Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery + + JTAG JTAG debug interface, 100-mil header + +
Unregulated 8V to 18V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 160 x 136 x 22 mm Weight 165 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- CL-SOM-iMX8 reference guideAugust 17, 2020
- CL-SOM-iMX8 3D modelJanuary 21, 2020
- CL-SOM-iMX8 mechanical drawingsAugust 6, 2019
- SB-iMX8 reference design package – schematics, layout, mechanical drawingsJanuary 30, 2019
- CL-SOM-iMX8 Yocto Linux packageAugust 7, 2019
- CL-SOM-iMX8 Android Installation ImageMarch 8, 2018
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CL-SOM-iMX8 software packages, please refer to the CL-SOM-iMX8 software archive.
CL-SOM-iMX8 and SBC-iMX8 Evaluation Kit
- SB-iMX8 carrier board
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 12V power supply
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
Documents and Guides
Product status: Active
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product.
Note: The SB-iMX8 carrier-board must contain a CL-SOM-iMX8 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-iMX8 only.
P/N template: SB-iMX8-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-iMX8 1K-units price $68
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0