SBC-X300 Single Board Computer
- Low cost single board computer in a tiny form factor.
- Highly customizable feature-set enables price / performance optimization.
- Ready-to-run platform with a broad range of standard interfaces.
- Single Board Computer implemented by the combination of a CM-X300 module and a SB-X300 baseboard.
- Price starting below $99
- Marvell XScale PXA300 CPU @ 624 MHz, 128 MB SDRAM, 512 MB Flash Disk
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11b/g interface
- Bluetooth interface
- 800 x 600 graphics controller with connectors for LCD panel
- Video input
- 3 serial ports with RS232 / RS485 / RS422 driver options
- Host and slave USB ports including keyboard & mouse support
- Touchscreen interface
- Keypad and GPIO connectors
- Sound - speakers & microphone
- 100 Mbps Ethernet port
- SDIO / MMC socket
- RTC with lithium battery
- Power supply options: rechargeable battery and charger connector, or 5VDC power supply.
The SBC-X300 is a small single board computer based on the PXA300 CPU architecture. It is implemented by a CM-X300 module providing most of the functions, including integrated Bluetooth and wireless LAN (WiFi) interfaces. The SB-X300 carrier board providing connectors and several additional functions. The rich feature set of the SBC-X300 is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The SBC-X300 contains an electrical interface and slot for MMC/SDIO extension cards, which may be inserted and secured in the slot with no additional mechanical means, extending the system with capabilities such as a larger solid state disk, GPS or GSM modem.
Power supply options of the SBC-X300 enable its integration in mobile applications powered by a rechargeable battery. Charger and battery management support is provided on-board.
- SB-X300 doesn't have assembling options. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of CM-X300 required to have the particular feature..
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specification CM
See Feature List of CM-X300 module COM-A Full modem controls, RS-232 levels, RJ11 or DB9 connector + COM-C RTS/CTS, RS 232/422/485 levels, standard 10-pin header + COM-D Rx/TX only, RS-232 & TTL levels, on 100-mil header + Ethernet One 100 Mbps Ethernet port. DM9000 controller. RJ-45 connector and activity LED's E LCD Panel STN and TFT panel support. 60-pos FPC connector for direct interface to certain TFT panels + GPIO 22 lines, on FPC connector or 100-mil header. + Host USB Two host ports, 12 Mbps, front panel connectors. One of ports is shared with Bluetooth interface. + Slave USB Slave USB-2 (480 Mbps) dedicated port + Touch Panel Part of Wolfson W9712L controller for resistive panels. Interface to LCD panel AT Sound I/O Part of Wolfson W9712L controller, microphone (mono), Line input and Speakers (stereo) jacks AT RTC Battery Real time clock component on CM-X300, operated from lithium battery on SB-X300 + WiFi WiFi interf, including on-board antenna & connectors, provided by CM-X300 W Bluetooth Bluetooth interf, including on-board antenna & connectors, provided by CM-X300 W Video Input + SDIO / MMC +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage High efficiency switched power supply. Support of sleep mode.
3.3 to 4.2 volt input from battery or 5V from wall adapter
Power Consumption 2W to 5W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features
Below 50mW in sleep mode
Dimensions 87 mm (L) x 68.5 mm (W) x 19.5 mm (H) Weight 48 gram Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-X300 design – schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 14, 2011
- CM-X300 U-boot packageApril 4, 2013
- CM-X300 Linux packageSeptember 29, 2013
- CM-X300 Board Support Package (password required)August 30, 2011
- CM-X300 Windows CE demo imageAugust 30, 2011
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-X300 software packages, please refer to the CM-X300 software archive.
CM-X300 and SBC-X300 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 3.5" 640 x 480 LCD panel with touchscreen
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Keypad and cable
- 5V power supply
Product status: MatureThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-X300 base-board must contain a CM-X300 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-X300 only. P/N template: SB-X300
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-X300 1K-units price $40 10K-units price $36
Feature Options P/N code Add($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0