SBC-FX6 – Freescale i.MX6 Single Board Computer
- High-performance ARM single board computer
- Advanced video and graphics enable high-end multimedia applications
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity
- Single board computer implemented by the combination of a CM-FX6 computer-on-module and SB-FX6 carrier board
- Freescale i.MX6 quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, up to 1.2GHz
- Up to 4GB DDR3
- 8GB-32GB on-board SSD storage
- Video Processing Unit, 1080p decoding and encoding
- Integrated GPU with OpenGL-ES and OpenCL EP support
- HDMI, DVI, LVDS, parallel RGB
- GbE x2, USB2 x5, SATA, PCIe, RS232, RS485, CAN
- Linux, Android ICS and Windows Embedded Compact 7
- 10V - 17V supply
The SBC-FX6 is a single board computer based on the Freescale i.MX6 CPU. It is implemented with a CM-FX6 computer-on-module providing most of the functions, and a SB-FX6 carrier board providing connectors and several additional functions. The rich feature set of the SBC-FX6 is customizable according to the price / performance needs of the target application.
The SBC-FX6 contains expansion connectors which accommodate a wide range of standard peripheral devices. Wide input range switched power supply is compatible with requirements for telecom and automotive applications.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map .
- The "SB Option" column specifies the P/N code of SB-FX6 carrier board required to have the particular feature. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of CM-FX6 required to have the particular feature. SBC-FX6 feature-set is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-FX6 and the features implemented on the SB-FX6. To have the particular feature, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
System and I/O
Feature Specification SB Option CM Option CPU
Please refer to CM-FX6 specifications Display • HDMI 1.4, stereo-3D support, up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz, HDMI connector
• DVI, up to 1920x1080, HDMI connector
• 2 LVDS interfaces, up to 165 Mpixels/sec, 100-mil header, FPC compatible with the NL10276BC20-12 LCD panel
• Parallel RGB, up to 225 Mpixels/sec, FPC connector
+ + Gigabit Ethernet 1000 BaseT Ethernet port. Implemented with the CM-FX6 GbE controller. RJ-45 connector, activity LEDs + E 1000 BaseT Ethernet port. Implemented with the on-board Realtek RTL8111 GbE controller. RJ-45 connector, activity LEDs
* Mutually exclusive with the mini-PCIe socket
EVAL + WiFi and
WiFi 802.11b/g/n implemented with Marvell 88W8787 chipset
Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)
On-board connector for external antenna
Implemented with the CM-FX6 on-board wireless module
+ WB USB 1 OTG USB2.0 high-speed port, 480 Mbps, micro-USB connector
1 host USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps, type-A connector
+ U2 1 OTG USB2.0 high-speed port, 480 Mbps, micro-USB connector
4 host USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps, type-A connectors
+ U5 SATA SATA interface, 7-pin vertical SATA connector + CxxxM NDx Serial Ports 1 RS-232 port, rx/tx only, RS-232 levels, up to 460 Kbps, RJ-11 connector + + 2 RS-232 / RS485 ports, rx/tx only, RJ-11 connectors Z + Sound I/O Analog audio implemented with the CM-FX6 audio codec
Stereo output, line-in, microphone input; 3.5mm jacks
+ A S/PDIF input / output, electrical and optical connectors + + PCIe Mini-PCIe socket
* Mutually exclusive with the secondary GbE interface
EVAL + CAN CAN bus interface with isolator and driver, 100-mil header Y + SD SD socket + + Micro-SD socket + WB GPIO Up to 24 GPIOs, 100-mil header + + Video Input 1 parallel camera port (up to 20 bit and up to 240 MHz peak), FPC connector EVAL + MIPI CSI-2 interface, 100-mil connector EVAL + Battery
Charging and supervision support for Lithium-ion polymer batteries EVAL + RTC Real time clock operated from on-board rechargeable lithium battery. + +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Feature Specifications Supply Voltage Unregulated 5V to 15V
High efficiency switched power supply. Support of sleep mode.
Power Consumption TBD Dimensions 160mm x 160mm x 25mm Operation temp (case) Commercial:0° to 70° C
Extended:-20° to 70° C
Industrial:-40° to 85° C.
Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
- CM-FX6 reference guideJuly 31, 2014
- CM-FX6 Android Ice Cream Sandwich Demo ImageMay 21, 2014
- CM-FX6 Android Jelly Bean Demo Image - SSD InstallerDecember 16, 2014
- CM-FX6 Android Jelly Bean Demo Image (SD card)December 16, 2014
- CM-FX6 Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 BSP (password required)February 11, 2015
- CM-FX6 Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 Demo ImageFebruary 11, 2015
- CM-FX6 Linux package (kernel v3.0.35 based)November 12, 2015
- CM-FX6 Linux package (kernel v4.1.15 based)January 11, 2017
- CM-FX6 U-Boot packageOctober 18, 2015
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-FX6 software packages, please refer to the CM-FX6 software archive.
CM-FX6 & SB-FX6 evaluation kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- LCD panel
- HDMI to DVI video cable
- Serial port cable
- WiFi antenna and cable
- 12V power supply
Product status: ActiveThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-FX6 base-board must contain a CM-FX6 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-FX6 only. P/N template: SB-FX6-[Y]-[Z]-[EVAL]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-FX6 1K-units price $75
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) CAN bus No
Additional RS232/RS485 No
Evaluation HW No
Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0