Exeda (Extensible EDA) – Smartphone for Enterprises
- Full-featured smartphone designed for enterprise and industrial applications.
- High productivity ergonomics and rich connectivity.
- Internal expansion slot enabling custom application-specific hardware.
- Smartphone / PDA / Mobile Office / Navigator
- Designed specifically for enterprise applications
- Large 3.5" 640 x 480 VGA display
- Productivity ergonomics: - Touchscreen - Touchpad mouse - Full QWERTY keyboard
- Marvell PXA270 CPU @ 520 MHz
- 128 MB SDRAM
- Up to 24 GB Flash Disk
- GSM cellular phone with speaker and microphone
- GPRS modem
- 802.11b/g WiFi
- GPS receiver, Sirf-III chipset
- Custom expansion slot
- microSD socket
- USB OTG and host ports, serial port.
- High capacity battery with battery charging and management circuitry
- Size - 126 x 96 x 16 mm
- Ethernet port & SDIO socket (on extension card)
Exeda (Extensible EDA) is a full-featured smartphone intended for enterprise applications, i.e. for any organization's specified use. Possible applications include news reporting, warehouse management, courier tracking and technician assistance. The Exeda is small enough to be considered as a mobile phone, yet it boasts many properties of larger handheld devices, to satisfy a variety of business application requirements.
The Exeda provides flexibility and features not available in regular smartphones:
- Internal expansion slot enabling the addition of application-specific hardware, such as a barcode or RFID readers, radio modems, varied measurement instruments, etc.
- Customizable technical spec and form factor.
- Shock-resistant protection.
- Guarantee of long-term availability (5 years).
The Exeda's functional content is identical to that of the latest generation of smartphones, including the wireless, satellite and cellular connectivity found in today's devices. On the other hand, since it is designed to serve custom implementations, the Exeda offers the level of flexibility expected in the industrial (rather than the consumer) market.See O/S Support Coverage Map
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Marvell XScale PXA270, 312 / 520 MHz, WMMX
32 KB I-cache and 32 KB D-cache
C RAM 128 MB, SDRAM, 100 MHz, 32-bit D NAND Flash Disk Can be assembled starting with single 512 Mbytes NAND, and up to two 8 GB NAND chips plus 8 GB SD card, for total 24 GB of flash storage. N Extension bus Local bus - 16bit data, 20 bit address, variable rate up to 100 MHz. Also - UART, SDIO, USB, I2C, JTAG and two GPIO lines. Assembled in combination with extended back-panel for customized cards. Y GPRS / GSM
and cellular phone
Telit GE864 module. GSM 850, 900, DCS 1800 or PCS 1900 network communication services. GPRS Class 10, Voice, Circuit Switched Data transfer, Fax, Phone-book and SMS. On-board SIM card socket. K WiFi Interface 802.11 b/g capabilities, Wi2Wi W2SW0001 controller module based on the Marvell’s 88W8686 chipset. Up to 54 Mbps, 2.4 GHz band. W Bluetooth Bluetooth V2.0+EDR system. CSR BlueCore4-ROM chipset, 2.4GHz band, up to 3Mbps. Integrated with WiFi in common module. W GPS NAVMAN Jupiter32 receiver module, Sirf-III chipset. Supports the NMEA data messages protocol. Requires external antenna H USB One USB OTG and one Host port, 12 Mbps, 24-endpoints, OHCI v1.1 + Serial Port (UART) 16550 compatible, max 921 kbps, RS-232, including CTS/RTS + Audio codec Wolfson WM9715L, AC97 interface. On-board microphone and speaker. AT Touchscreen ctrl. A part of the Wolfson WM9715L chip. Supports resistive touch panel AT MicroSD socket Supports Multimedia Card, Secure Digital and Secure Digital I/O communications protocols. Data-transfer rates up to 19.5 Mbps for MMC and 1-bit SD/SDIO, and up to 78 Mbps for 4-bit SD/SDIO transfers. Support SDHC - high capacity flash cards. + RTC Real Time Clock + LCD Panel TPO/Philips TD035STEE1 - 3.5" TFT, 640 x 480 VGA, 16-bit parallel RGB interface, transflective, LED backlight + Touchscreen Resistive touchscreen, integral part of TD035STEE1 LCD. + Battery & charger Lithium polymer, 3.7V x 3000 mAh. Sufficient for 8-10 hours of continuous operation under normal conditions or 300 hours standby
Charger powered from a 5V source via the USB connector.
+ Keyboard 50 full QWERTY keyboard, customizable text. 10 auxiliary buttons. + Touchpad Capacitive touchpad, full mouse emulation, including tapping and right/left buttons + Ethernet port 100 Mb Ethernet port, RJ-45 connector on extension card SDIO socket SDIO socket on extension card, replacing internal microSD socket
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Active consumption All contents, excluding GPRS: 0.2 - 2 W. GPRS: 1-2 W Sleep consumption 10 - 20 mW, depending on configuration and mode Dimensions 126 x 96 x 16mm Weight 250 gram MTBF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage
(with silicone jacket)
Passed drop on concrete from a height of 6 feet test
- Exeda reference guideAugust 25, 2011
- Exeda dimensions and connectors locationAugust 25, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- Exeda extension board reference designAugust 25, 2011
- Exeda U-Boot imageSeptember 5, 2011
- Exeda Linux kernel imageSeptember 5, 2011
- Exeda Windows CE 6 demo imageSeptember 5, 2011
- Exeda Windows CE 6 board support package (password required)September 5, 2011
Exeda is a mature product and is not recommended for new designs.
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product.
Minimal configuration P/N:EXEDA-D128-C312-N05X1
Stock configuration P/N:EXEDA-D128-C520-N05X2-AT-W-H-K-V
Optional Features[table "196" seems to be empty /]