SBC-iMX6 - NXP i.MX 6 Single Board Computer
- High-performance ARM single board computer
- High performance graphics and multimedia
- Extensive connectivity with a range of high-speed interfaces
NXP i.MX6 processor family
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU, 1GHz
- Integrated 2D/3D GPU and 1080p VPU
- Dual display support
- Up to 4GB DDR3 and 32GB eMMC
- HDMI, DVI, LVDS, parallel RGB, up to 1920 x 1080
- 2x 1000Mbps Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n/ac, BT 4.1
- mini-PCIe, SATA, 5x USB, RS232, RS485, CAN
Mainline Linux and Yocto Project
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system and U-Boot
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages.
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-FX6 carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "CM option" column specifies the CL-SOM-iMX6 P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-iMX6 feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached CL-SOM-iMX6 and the features implemented on SB-FX6. For a particular feature to be present, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option CM Option
Please refer to SOM-iMX6 specifications
HDMI HDMI 1.4, stereo-3D support, up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz, HDMI connector + + DVI DVI, up to 1920x1080, HDMI connector + + LVDS 2x LVDS interfaces, up to 165 Mpixels/sec, 100-mil header, FPC compatible with the NL10276BC20-12 LCD panel + + Parallel RGB Parallel RGB, up to 225 Mpixels/sec, FPC connector + +
Gigabit Ethernet 1000 BaseT Ethernet port. Implemented with the CM-FX6 GbE controller. RJ-45 connector, activity LEDs + E 1000 BaseT Ethernet port. Implemented with the on-board Intel i211 GbE controller. RJ-45 connector, activity LEDs
* Mutually exclusive with the mini-PCIe socket
EVAL + WiFi and
WiFi 802.11b/g/n implemented with Marvell 88W8787 chipset
Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)
On-board connector for external antenna
Implemented with the CM-FX6 on-board wireless module
USB 1 OTG USB2.0 high-speed port, 480 Mbps, micro-USB connector
1 host USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps, type-A connector
+ U2 1 OTG USB2.0 high-speed port, 480 Mbps, micro-USB connector
4 host USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps, type-A connectors
+ U5 SATA SATA interface, 7-pin vertical SATA connector + CxxxM NDx Serial Ports 1 RS-232 port, rx/tx only, RS-232 levels, up to 460 Kbps, RJ-11 connector + + 2 RS-232 / RS485 ports, rx/tx only, RJ-11 connectors Z + Sound I/O Analog audio implemented with the CM-FX6 audio codec
Stereo output, line-in, microphone input; 3.5mm jacks
+ A S/PDIF input / output, electrical and optical connectors + + PCIe Mini-PCIe socket
* Mutually exclusive with the secondary GbE interface
EVAL + CAN CAN bus interface with isolator and driver, 100-mil header Y + SD SD socket + + Micro-SD socket + WB GPIO Up to 24 GPIOs, 100-mil header + + Video Input 1 parallel camera port (up to 20 bit and up to 240 MHz peak), FPC connector EVAL + MIPI CSI-2 interface, 100-mil connector EVAL +
Charging and supervision support for Lithium-ion polymer batteries EVAL + RTC Real time clock operated from on-board rechargeable lithium battery. + +
Supply Voltage Unregulated 5V to 15V
High efficiency switched power supply. Support of sleep mode.
Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 160mm x 160mm x 25mm Weight 165 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temp (case) Commercial:0° to 70° C
Extended:-20° to 70° C
Industrial:-40° to 85° C.
Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- CL-SOM-iMX6 reference guideAugust 16, 2018
- CL-SOM-iMX6 Linux packageJune 4, 2017
- CL-SOM-iMX6 Yocto Linux imageAugust 30, 2017
CL-SOM-iMX6 and SBC-iMX6 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- SB-FX6-Y-Z-EVAL carrier board
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- LCD panel
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- 12V power supply
Documents and Guides
Product status: ActiveThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-FX6 base-board must contain a CM-FX6 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-FX6 only. P/N template: SB-FX6-[Y]-[Z]-[EVAL]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-FX6 1K-units price $75
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) CAN bus No
Additional RS232/RS485 No
Evaluation HW No
Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0