SBC-iMX8X - NXP i.MX8X Single Board Computer
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces
- Optimized for industrial embedded applications
NXP i.MX8X processor family
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A35 CPU, 1.2GHz
- Integrated 2D/3D GPU and 4K VPU
- Real-time ARM Cortex-M4 co-processor
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC
- 2x MIPI-DSI / LVDS, up-to 1080p60
- 2x GbE, WiFi 802.11ac, BT 4.2
- mini-PCIe, 3x USB2.0, 2x CAN, RS485
Mainline Linux, Yocto Project and RTOS
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system, RTOS BSP and U-Boot
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages.
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-iMX8X carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "SOM option" column specifies the CL-SOM-iMX8X P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-iMX8X feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached CL-SOM-iMX8X and the features implemented on SB-iMX8X. For a particular feature to be present, both the SOM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option SOM Option
Please refer to CL-SOM-iMX8X specifications
Display and Camera
MIPI-DSI / LVDS MIPI-DSI / LVDS interface, up to 1920x1080, 100-mil header + C1200QM LCD panel MIPI-DSI interface, up to 1920x1080, FPC connector
Capacitive touch-screen interface, FPC connector
Fully supports Startec KD050HDFIA020 5" 1280x720 LCD panel
+ C1200QM Camera MIPI CSI, 2x12 B2B connector
Compatible with LI-OV5640-MIPI-AF camera module
Ethernet 2x 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector
+ E1 / E2 WiFi Certified 802.11ac WiFi interface
Intel 8265 chipset
+ WB Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2 BLE + WB Cellular Support for cellular modem (via mini-PCie socket)
On-board micro-SIM card socket
PCI Express mini-PCIe socket, full-size
* mutually exclusive with CL-SOM-iMX8X WiFi
+ + USB 1x USB2.0 dual-role, micro-USB connector + + 2x USB2.0 host, type-A connector + UH MMC / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO interface. Standard full-size SD socket. + + Serial 1x serial debug port via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector + + 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, ultra-mini serial connector
* mutually exclusive with serial debug port via USB
+ + Up-to 2x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + SPI Up-to 4x SPI interface, 100-mil header + + I2C Up-to 2x I2C interface, 100-mil header + + ADC 5x general-purpose ADC inputs, 100-mil header + + GPIO Up-to 48x GPIO, 100-mil header + +
System and Debug
RTC Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery + + JTAG JTAG debug interface, 100-mil header + +
Unregulated 8V to 18V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 160 x 136 x 22 mm Weight 175 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
CL-SOM-iMX8X and SBC-iMX8X Evaluation Kit
- SB-iMX8X carrier board
- WiFi antennas and cables
- Serial port cable
- MIPI-DSI to HDMI adapter
- USB cable and adapter
- 12V power supply
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
Documents and Guides
Product status: IntroThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-iMX8X carrier-board must contain a CL-SOM-iMX8X module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-iMX8X only. P/N template: SB-iMX8X-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-iMX8X 1K-units price $72
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0