SBC-iMX6UL - Freescale i.MX6 UltraLite Single Board Computer
- Freescale i.MX6 UltraLite processor, 528MHz
- Up-to 1GB DDR3 and 32GB on-board eMMC
- DVI-D, LVDS, LCD at up to 1366 x 768 resolution
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
Industrial Single Board Computer
SBC-iMX6UL is a single board computer designed for industrial and embedded applications. It is based on the Freescale i.MX6 UltraLite System-on-Chip. SBC-iMX6UL is implemented with the CL-SOM-iMX6UL System-on-Module providing most of the functions, and SB-SOM-iMX6UL carrier board providing additional peripheral functions and connectors.
Featuring a rich array of networking interfaces with Ethernet, dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1, SBC-iMX6UL is an excellent solution for networking, industrial communications and IoT applications.
Ready-to-run software packages
SBC-iMX6UL is provided with comprehensive documentation and full ready-to-run SW packages for the Linux operating system.
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-SOM-iMX6UL carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "CM option" column specifies the CL-SOM-iMX6UL P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-iMX6UL feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached CL-SOM-iMX6UL and the features implemented on the SB-SOM-iMX6UL. For a particular feature to be present, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option CM Option
Please refer to CL-SOM-iMX6UL specifications
LCD panel Parallel RGB interface, up to 1366 x 768, FPC connector
Resistive touch-screen interface, FPC connector
Fully supports Startec KD050C 5" 480x800 TFT LCD panel
+ + LVDS LVDS interface, up to 1366 x 768, 100-mil header + L DVI DVI, up to 1366 x 768, HDMI connector + +
Ethernet Primary 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector
+ E WiFi 802.11b/g/n WiFi interface
TI WiLink 8 WL1801 module
+ W Dual-band 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi interface
TI WiLink 8 WL1837 module
+ WAB Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
TI WiLink 8 WL1837 module
Analog Audio Analog stereo output, line-in, microphone; 3.5mm jacks
Implemented with the CL-SOM-iMX6UL audio codec
USB 1x USB2.0 OTG, micro-USB connector + + 2x USB2.0 host, type-A connectors + U2 Additional 3x USB2.0 host, 100-mil header + U5 MMC / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO interface. Standard full-size SD socket.
* precludes WiFi/BT module
+ + Serial 1x serial debug port via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector + + 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, ultra-mini serial connector
* mutually exclusive with serial debug port via USB
+ + Up-to 2x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + SPI Up-to 1x SPI interface, 100-mil header + + I2C Up-to 2x I2C interface, 100-mil header + + ADC 1x ADC inputs, 100-mil header + + GPIO Up-to 24x GPIO, 100-mil header + +
RTC Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery + +
Unregulated 8V to 15V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 160 x 136 x 22 mm Weight 165 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- CL-SOM-iMX6UL reference guideDecember 14, 2015
- CL-SOM-iMX6UL mechanical drawingsNovember 22, 2015
- SB-SOM-iMX6UL design - schematics, mechanical drawings, layoutFebruary 11, 2016
- CL-SOM-iMX6UL Linux packageJanuary 13, 2016
- CL-SOM-iMX6UL Yocto Linux packageFebruary 16, 2016
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CL-SOM-iMX software packages, please refer to the CL-SOM-iMX6UL software archive.
CL-SOM-iMX6UL and SBC-iMX6UL Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- LCD panel
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- 12V power supply
Documents and Guides
Product status: ActiveThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-SOM-iMX6UL carrier-board must contain a CL-SOM-iMX6UL module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-SOM-iMX6UL only. P/N template: SB-SOM-iMX6UL-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-SOM-iMX6UL 1K-units price $81
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0