SBC-iMX7 - NXP i.MX 7 Single Board Computer
- Optimized for industrial embedded applications
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces
- Configurable feature-set
NXP i.MX7 processor family
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU, 1GHz
- Real-time ARM Cortex-M4 co-processor
- NEON SIMD and VFPv4
- Up to 2GB DDR3 and 32GB eMMC
- LVDS, DVI, Parallel RGB at up to 1920 x 1080
- 2x 1000Mbps Ethernet, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, BT 4.1
- mini-PCIe, 5x USB2, CAN, 24x GPIO
Mainline Linux and Yocto Project
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system and U-Boot
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages.
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-SOM-iMX7 carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "CM option" column specifies the CL-SOM-iMX7 P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-iMX7 feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached CL-SOM-iMX7 and the features implemented on the SB-SOM-iMX7. For a particular feature to be present, both the CL and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option CM Option
Please refer to CL-SOM-iMX7 specifications
LCD panel Parallel RGB interface, up to 1920x1080, FPC connector
Resistive touch-screen interface, FPC connector
Fully supports Startec KD050C 5" 480x800 TFT LCD panel
+ + LVDS LVDS interface, up to 1400x1050, 100-mil header + L DVI DVI, up to 1920x1080, HDMI connector + +
Ethernet Primary 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector
+ E1 Secondary 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector + E2
WiFi 802.11b/g/n WiFi interface
TI WiLink 8 WL1801 module
+ W Dual-band 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi interface
TI WiLink 8 WL1837 module
+ WAB Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
TI WiLink 8 WL1837 module
Analog Audio Analog stereo output, line-in, microphone; 3.5mm jacks
Implemented with the CL-SOM-AM57x audio codec
PCI Express mini-PCIe socket, full-size + C1000D USB 1x USB2.0 OTG, micro-USB connector + + 2x USB2.0 host, type-A connectors + C1000D Additional 2x USB2.0 host, 100-mil header + UH MMC / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO interface. Standard full-size SD socket. + + Serial 1x serial debug port via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector + + 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, ultra-mini serial connector
* mutually exclusive with serial debug port via USB
+ + Up-to 3x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + CAN bus 1x CAN bus interface with isolator and driver, 100-mil header + + SPI Up-to 2x SPI interface, 100-mil header + + I2C Up-to 2x I2C interface, 100-mil header + + GPIO Up-to 24x GPIO, 100-mil header + +
RTC Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery + +
Unregulated 8V to 15V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 160 x 136 x 22 mm Weight 165 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- CL-SOM-iMX7 reference guideMarch 27, 2018
- SB-SOM-iMX7 design - schematics, mechanical drawings, layoutFebruary 11, 2016
- CL-SOM-iMX7 mechanical drawingsJune 22, 2016
- CL-SOM-iMX7 3D modelDecember 21, 2017
- CL-SOM-iMX7/IOT-GATE-iMX7/SBC-IOT-iMX7 Linux packageMarch 27, 2018
- CL-SOM-iMX7 FreeRTOS packageApril 12, 2018
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CL-SOM-iMX7 software packages, please refer to the CL-SOM-iMX7 software archive.
CL-SOM-iMX7 and SBC-iMX7 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- SB-SOM-iMX7 carrier board
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- LCD panel
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- 12V power supply
Documents and Guides
Product status: ActiveThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-SOM-iMX7 carrier-board must contain a CL-SOM-iMX7 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-SOM-iMX7 only. P/N template: SB-SOM-iMX7-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-SOM-iMX7 1K-units price $81
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0