CM-iAM computer-on-module (CoM) | system-on-module (SoM)
- Low cost, x86-compatible platform in a miniature form factor.
- Powerful platform enables high-end multimedia and video applications.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity.
- Full Featured PC-Compatible Computer-On-Module (CoM)
- Intel Atom Z530 CPU @1.6GHz, US15W chipset
- 2 GB DDR2
- 4 GB Flash Disk and on-board microSD socket
- LVDS, parallel RGB and SDVO display interfaces for LCD panels
- SATA hard disk interface
- 2 x 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports
- 6 x USB ports
- 2 x SDIO ports
- Sound codec with support for speaker, microphone and SPDIF. HD audio bus
- PCIexpress and LPC extension busses
- Serial port, I2C, GPIO interface
- Programmable watchdog timer
- Five watt power consumption
- Small size - 75 x 65 mm
The CM-iAM computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) packs Intel Atom processor technologies into the most compact, lightweight PC-on-module available in the market. Its on-board resources suffice to smoothly run operating systems such as Linux, Windows XP and Windows 7, on credit-card sized board capable running on small battery. Board's specifications, in addition to its low cost, make it an ideal building block for any embedded application.
The feature set of the CM-iAM comprises a 32-bit X86-compatible CPU, DDR2, Flash Disk and vital computing peripherals. For embedded applications, the CM-iAM provides a variety of display interfaces, PCIexpress bus, two 1000Mbit Ethernet ports, serial port, general purpose I/O lines and many other essential functions. The user interface is supported by an enhanced graphics controller, USB interface for keyboard / mouse and Audio system..For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Intel Atom Processor: Z530 - 1.6GHz / 533MHz FSB or Z510 - 1.1GHz / 400MHz FSB.
L2-512KB (dynamic sizing), L1- 32KB IC, 24KB DC.
Intel Deep Power Down (C6) technology support.
C DRAM 512 / 1024 / 2048 MB DDR2, 400 / 533 MHz, 64-bit D BIOS Flash 1 MB, on-board reprogrammable + Flash Disk 1 - 4 GB, more in future. Up to 10 MB/s transfer rate. N PCI Express PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 1.0a. One or two lanes.
Note: second lane is shared with optional second ethernet controller
+ LPC bus Host, 33 MHz, Intel LPC v1.0 compatible +
Feature Specifications Option Graphics
Resolution up to 1920 x 1080 x 32 bpp frame buffer in system memory, 2D, 3D graphics accelerator and multimedia accelerator optimized for HD video. + Display Interface LCD – 18 bpp parallel RGB for TFT panels
LVDS – 24 bpp, 4 data and 1 clk pairs for TFT panels
SDVO – can be directly connected to DVI / HDMI / VGA transmitters
L + + USB 6 Host USB 2.0 ports, 480 Mbps, EHCI / UHCI compliant + Serial Port UART's, full serial port with modem controls, RS232 levels S GPIO 6 lines dedicated + 2 lines shared
Additional 7 dedicated GPIO lines
+ S Hard Disk Interf. SATA-II, using Marvell 88SA8052 Y Ethernet Two 1000 Mb/s ports, Activity LED's. Using Realtek RTL8111 controllers. E Audio IDT 92HD83 codec, HD audio interface, stereo microphone and line inputs, 60 mW output for 32 Ohm headphones / active speakers, 5.1 channel SPDIF output A RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + SDIO One 4-bit and one 8-bit SDIO ports + Watchdog Wide range programmable watchdog timer +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage 5 volt Active power consumption 4 - 6 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Dimensions 65 x 75 x 8 mm Weight 35 gram MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm. Insertion / removal up to 50 cycles
- CM-iAM Reference GuideAugust 22, 2011
- SB-iAM Reference GuideAugust 22, 2011
- CM-iAM dimensions and connectors locationAugust 22, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-iAM design - schematics, dimensions, layoutOctober 23, 2011
- CM-iAM BIOS imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows XP Embedded
- CM-iAM Windows XP Embedded imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows Embedded Standard 7
- CM-iAM Linux imageSeptember 4, 2011
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-iAM software packages, please refer to the CM-iAM software archive.
CM-iAM and SBC-iAM Evaluation Kit
COMMERCIAL PACKAGE COMMUNITY PACKAGE Technical SupportTechnical support for 12 months.Support through users ForumLCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service. -45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs. - Hardware CM-iAM-D1G-C1600-N4G-L-E2-S-A-Y-H SB-iAM-M-P-A SDVO to HDMI interface module (EB-DVI) HDMI to DVI video cable FPC cable and connector for LCD 12V power supply SATA-15 power cable (5V,16cm)
Product status: Discontinued
CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product.
P/N template: CM-iAM-Dx-Cx-[Nx]-[L]-[Ex]-[S]-[A]-[Y]-[H]
For CM-iAM pricing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.