CM-iTC computer-on-module (CoM) | system-on-module (SoM)
- Low cost, x86-compatible platform in a miniature form factor.
- Highly integrated design delivers rich multimedia and video features.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity.
- Full Featured PC-Compatible computer-on-module (CoM)
- Intel Atom E680 (Tunnel Creek) CPU up to 1.6GHz, EG20T chipset
- Up to 2 GB DDR2
- On-board microSD socket for up to 32GB flash disk storage.
- LVDS, parallel RGB and SDVO display interfaces for LCD panels up to 1920x1080
- H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VC-1 ,WMV9 codecs hardware acceleration
- 2 x SATA hard disk interface
- 2 x 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports
- Six USB host ports & one device port
- SDIO ports
- Sound codec with support for speaker, microphone and SPDIF. HD audio bus
- PCIexpress and LPC extension busses
- Serial ports, I2C, SPI GPIO interfacer
- CAN bus
- Programmable watchdog timer
- IEEE1588 clock synchronization device
- 6 watt power consumption
- Small size - 75 x 65 mm
The CM-iTC computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) packs Intel Atom processor technology into the most compact, lightweight PC-on-module available in the market. Its on-board resources suffice to smoothly run operating systems such as Linux, and Windows Embedded, on credit-card sized board capable running on small battery. Board's specifications, in addition to its low cost, make it an ideal building block for any embedded application.
The feature set of the CM-iTC comprises a latest Intel Atom E620 / E680 (code name "Tunnel Creek") CPU , DDR2, micro SD based internal storage and vital computing peripherals. For embedded applications, the CM-iTC provides a variety of display interfaces, two SATA interfaces, PCIexpress buses, two 1000Mbit Ethernet ports, serial ports, USB host and slave ports, CAN with IEEE1588 support ,SPI, two I2C, general purpose I/O lines and many other essential functions. The user interface is supported by an enhanced graphics controller, USB interface for keyboard / mouse and Audio system.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Intel Atom (Tunnel Creek) Processor: E620 @600MHz, E640 @1GHz, E660 @1.3GHz or E680 @1.6GHz. L2-512KB (dynamic sizing), L1- 32KB IC, 24KB DC. Intel Deep Power Down (C6) technology support C DRAM 512 - 2048 MB DDR2, 800 MHz, 32-bit D BIOS Flash 1 MB, on-board reprogrammable + Solid State Disk 8-32 GB on-board storage based on bootable micro-SD with SDHC support N PCIexpress bus PCI Express Base Specification, Revision 1.0a. One or two lanes.
note: second lane is shared with optional second ethernet controller
+ LPC bus Host, 33 MHz, Intel LPC v1.0 compatible +
Feature Specifications Option Graphics
Resolution up to 1920 x 1080 x 32 bpp frame buffer in system memory, 2D, 3D graphics accelerator and multimedia accelerator optimized for HD video. + Display Interface LCD – 18 bpp parallel RGB for TFT panels
LVDS – 24 bpp, 4 data and 1 clk pairs for TFT panels
SDVO – can be directly connected to DVI / HDMI / VGA transmitters
L + + USB 6 Host USB 2.0 ports, 480 Mbps, EHCI / UHCI compliant + Serial Port 4 UART's, one with full modem controls and RS232 levels, and 3 RX/TX, TTL + GPIO 14 dedicated and 4 shared lines + Hard Disk interface Two SATA-II interfaces + Ethernet Two 1000 Mb/s ports, Activity LED's. Using Realtek RTL8111 controllers E Audio ALC662 codec, HD audio interface, stereo microphone and line inputs, 5.1 channel SPDIF output A RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + SDIO One external 4-bit port with SDHC support + Watchdog Wide range programmable watchdog timer +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage 5 volt Active power consumption 5 - 7 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Minimal power off time 2 sec (minimum time to stay off before next power on) Dimensions 65 x 75 x 8 mm Weight 35 gram MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial:0° to 70°C
Extended:-20° to 70° C
Industrial:-40° to 85°C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C
Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm. Insertion / removal up to 50 cycles
- CM-iTC Reference GuideAugust 22, 2011
- SB-iTC Reference GuideAugust 22, 2011
- CM-iTC dimensions and connectors locationAugust 22, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-iTC design – schematics, dimensions, layoutOctober 23, 2011
- CM-iTC BIOS ImageMay 5, 2013
Windows Embedded Standard 7
- CM-iTC Windows Embedded Standard 7 demo imageAugust 30, 2011
- CM-iTC Windows Embedded Standard 7 Drivers packageApril 11, 2013
- CM-iTC Basic IO programing guide for Windows April 24, 2013
- CM-iTC Linux PackageMarch 14, 2013
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-iTC software packages, please refer to the CM-iTC software archive.
CM-iTC & SB-iTC evaluation kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- SDVO to HDMI interface module (EB-DVI)
- HDMI to DVI video cable
- FPC cable and connector for LCD
- Serial port cable
- 12V power supply
- SATA-15 power cable (5V,16cm)
Product status: DiscontinuedCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-iTC-Dx-Cx-[N8]-[L]-[Ex]-[A]-[H]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-iTC-D05-C600 1K-unit price $117.6
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) SDRAM size 0.5GB
CPU type & speed E620 600 MHz
E640 1000 MHz
E660 1300 MHz
E680 1600 MHz
micro-SD flash disk (none)
LCD interface (P-RGB) No
Ethernet ports (none)
Heat dissipation plate No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.4 10 1.6 1 2.0