SBC-XAM Single Board Computer
- Low cost, PC-compatible single board computer in a mini-ATX form factor.
- Highly integrated design delivers rich multimedia and video features.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity.
- mini-ATX PC implemented by the combination of a CM-XAM module and SB-XAM baseboard
- 2 GB DDR2
- 4 GB Flash Disk
- UXGA graphics controller with interfaces for LVDS, RGB, DVI and HDMI panels.
- SATA & PATA hard disk interfaces
- 2 x 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports
- 6 x USB ports
- 2 x microSD sockets
- Sound codec with support for microphone and 2W speakers
- PCI and PCI-express extension buses
- Programmable watchdog timer
- 12 volt supply, 4 - 9 watt
The SBC-XAM is a mini-ATX compliant, single board computer. It is implemented by a CM-XAM module providing most of the functions, and a SB-XAM carrier board providing connectors and several additional functions. The rich feature set of the SBC-XAM is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The SBC-XAM contains expansion connectors which opens it to the wide range of standard peripheral cards. Wide input range switched power supply is compatible with requirements for telecom and automotive applications.See O/S Support Coverage Map
- The "SB Option" column specifies the P/N code of the SB-XAM carrier board required to have the particular feature. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of the CM-XAM required to have the particular feature. SBC-XAM content is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-XAM and the features implemented on the SB-XAM. To have a particular feature, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specification SB
See Feature List of CM-XAM module Hard disk SATA interface + S Ethernet Up to two 1000 Mb Ethernet ports, using Realtek RTL8111 provided by CM-XAM CoM. RJ-45 connectors and activity LED's are provided on SB card. Interface lines are shared with miniSD and IDE. Ex Ex LVDS 4 pair LVDS panel interface + + DVI DVI by means of EB-DVI SDVO extension module + + TFT TFT panel interface 18 and 24 bit, also known as parallel RGB interface. Two connectors for direct interfacing to certain TFT panels L1 + CRT interface Analog RGB interface for CRT and flat panel monitors, through HDB15 connector L2 + GPIO Up to 15 lines, on 100-mil header + + Host USB 6 USB Host ports, 480 Mbps. Type-A connector.
Additional two USB2.0 ports routed to the PCIE Mini sockets
+ + Audio IDT 92HD83 codec. 5.1 channel speaker output, line and microphone inputs. Standard 3.5 mm connectors. SPDIF on coaxial connector. A + PCI-express extension One PCI Express slot
Two PCI Express mini sockets
+ + PCI extension Single PCI slot, configurable 3.3V or 5V Vio + + SDIO sockets 3 miniSD sockets + + RTC Battery Real time clock operated from on-board rechargeable lithium battery + + Power system Support for two independent power sources with seamless switching, suitable for DC input / battery operation. + +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage 12 VDC Power Consumption 4W to 9W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features
Below 0.4W in sleep mode
Dimensions 190mm x 185mm
Height ranges from 10 mm to 37 mm, depending on the connectors assembled. The height specified includes the CM-XAM module.
Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C.
Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
- CM-XAM Reference GuideAugust 23, 2011
- SB-XAM Reference GuideAugust 23, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-XAM design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 23, 2011
- CM-iAM BIOS imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows XP Embedded
- CM-iAM Windows XP Embedded imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows Embedded Standard 7
- CM-iAM Linux imageSeptember 4, 2011
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-iAM software packages, please refer to the CM-iAM software archive.
CM-XAM and SB-XAM Evaluation Kit
COMMERCIAL PACKAGE COMMUNITY PACKAGE Technical SupportTechnical support for 12 months.Support through users ForumLCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service. -45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs. - Hardware CM-XAM-D2-C1600-N4-E1-PEB-S-Y3 SB-XAM-L2-A-E1 SDVO to HDMI interface module (EB-DVI) HDMI to DVI video cable FPC cable and connector for LCD 12V power supply
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-XAM base-board must contain a CM-XAM module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-XAM only.
Minimal configuration P/N:SB-XAM
Stock configuration P/N:SB-XAM
Feature Options P/Ncode Add($) MatingCM-XAMP/N code RGB interface:Parallel - for LCD panelsAnalog - for VGA monitors (none)ParallelParallel & Analog -L1L2 -816 5.1 channel audio NoYes -A -5 Ethernet (resource tradeoff, see notes) (none)One portTwo ports -E1E2 --- ExE1E2 Temperature range CommercialExtendedIndustrial -TETI -1050 Cables, connectors and accessories click here