- Low cost x86-compatible platform in a miniature form factor.
- Low power consumption enables battery powered applications.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity.
- Full Featured PC-Compatible Computer-On-Module
- AMD Geode LX800 CPU at 500 MHz, 256 KB cache
- 512 Mbyte DDR
- 512 Mbyte Flash Disk
- Graphics Controller for LCD and FPM, up to 1920 x 1440 see LCD panel support
- General purpose bus and optional PCI, LPC, AC97 busses
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11g Interface
- Video Input Port
- Sound codec with speaker and microphone support
- Touchscreen Controller
- Up to 3 host USB-2 ports, including keyboard and mouse support
- Serial ports, GPIO, hard-disk interface
- 100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Low power consumption
- Small size - 68 x 58 mm
- Interchangeable with other modules via CAMI connectors
The CM-iGLX packs up-to-date 2006 technologies into the most compact, lightweight PC-on-module available in the market. Its on-board resources suffice to smoothly run operating systems such as Linux and Windows XP / CE, while it is just as small as a credit card and can run on a battery. These, in addition to the module's low cost, make it an ideal building block for any embedded application.
The feature set of the CM-iGLX combines a 32-bit X86-compatible CPU, DDR, Flash Disk and vital computing peripherals. For embedded applications, the CM-iGLX provides a 32-bit PCI bus, 100Mbit Ethernet, serial ports, general purpose I/O lines and many other essential functions. The user interface is supported by an enhanced graphics controller, touchscreen, USB interface for keyboard / mouse and Audio system. An integrated WLAN (WiFi) interface implements 802.11g industry standard wireless connectivity.
The standardized CAMI ("CompuLab's Aggregated Module Interface") connectors of the CM-iGLX module allow interchangeability with other Computer-On-Module's available from CompuLab, enabling the flexibility required in a dynamic market where application requirements can change rapidly.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU AMD LX800 / LX700 CPU, Pentium compatible, up to 500 MHz.
64 + 64 KB L1 and 128 KB L2 cache.
DMA and Interrupt controllers, Timers
C DRAM 128 / 256 / 512 MB DDR, 333 MHz, 64-bit
Notes about 512 MB:
1. Only if WiFi is not assembled
2. Win CE is not supported
D BIOS Flash 1/2 Mbyte, on-board reprogrammable + NAND Flash Disk 128 / 512 Mbytes, more in future. 10 MB/s transfer rate. N External Busses PCI, LPC, AC97 + AC97 AC97 Rev 2.3 compliant + PCI bus 32-bit, rev 2.2-compliant, 132 MB/s, 3.3-volt tolerant
Arbiter and clock for one or two masters
+ LPC bus Host, 33 MHz, Intel LPC v1.0 compatible +
Feature Specifications Option Graphics
Resolution up to 1920 x 1440 x 32 bpp @ 85Hz, frame buffer in system memory, 2D graphic processor + Display Interface LCD - 18-bit parallel RGB for TFT panels
CRT - 24-bit analog RGB for CRT / FPM
Video Input Port VESA1.1 & VESA2.0 standard, BT.601, BT.656, 8-bit port, 150 MHz data rate + USB 2 or 3 Host USB 2.0 ports, 480 Mbps, EHCI / OHCI compliant + Serial Ports Two UART's, Rx & Tx only + GPIO 4 lines dedicated + 4 lines shared + Hard Disk Interf. IDE interface, UDMA ATA-100 mode + Kbrd & Mouse USB or redirection from serial port + Ethernet 100 Mb/s, Activity LED's. RTL8139 E Audio codec Wolfson WM9715L controller, AC97 interface, mono microphone input, stereo line input and 25 mW output for active speakers AT Touchscreen ctrl. A part of the WM9715L chip. Supports resistive touch panels AT RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + WiFi Ralink RT2571chipset, 802.11b/g, USB internal interface.
Mutually exclusive with 512 MB DDR option
W Encryption unit 128 bit DMA based crypto acceleration block up to 44 Mbps +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage 3.3V Active power consumption 3 - 5 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Dimensions 68 x 58 x 8 mm Weight 37 gram MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 3 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm. Insertion / removal up to 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- CM-iGLX BIOS & Etherlink image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX DOS image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
Windows XP Embedded
- CM-iGLX Windows XP Embedded board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows XP Embedded demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 5
- CM-iGLX Windows CE board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows CE demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows CE SDKSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Linux Gentoo kernel & filesystem imageSeptember 4, 2011
CM-iGLX is a mature product and is not recommended for new designs.
Product status: MatureCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-iGLX-Dxxx-Cxxx-[Nxxx]-[E]-[AT]-[W]-[Tx]-[X]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-iGLX-D128-C433
Feature Options P/N code DRAM size 128 MB
CPU speed 433 MHz
NAND Flash size (none)
Audio & Touchscreen No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No