CM-T54 – TI OMAP5 System-on-Module (SoM) | Computer-on-Module (CoM)
- High-performance ARM Cortex-A15 in a miniature form factor
- Cutting-edge video and graphics enable high-end multimedia applications
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces delivers extensive connectivity
- Fully featured Cortex-A15 System-On-Module (SoM) starting from $99
- Texas Instruments OMAP5432 dual-core Cortex-A15 CPU, up to 1.5GHz
- Up to 4GB DDR3 and up to 32GB on-board eMMC
- Video Processing Unit, 1080p decoding and encoding
- Integrated PowerVR SGX544 GPU with OpenGL-ES and OpenCL EP support
- Graphics controller with up to 3 display interfaces. Up to 1920 x 1200 resolution
- Ethernet, SATA, USB3.0, USB2.0 x3, UART x5, SDIO x3, GPIO x106
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0
- Linux OS
- Miniature size: 73 x 68 x 5 mm
- SB-T54 carrier board turns the CM-T54 module into SBC-T54 - a single board computer
CM-T54 is a miniature computer-on-module (CoM) / system-on-module (SoM) board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. CM-T54 is based on the Texas Instruments OMAP5432 application processor featuring a high performance dual-core Cortex-A15 CPU at up to 1.5GHz coupled with powerful PowerVR SGX544 graphics and video processing units. The processor is supplemented with up-to 4GB DDR3 and 32GB of on-board eMMC. In addition, CM-T54 features extensive connectivity offering a wide range of industry standard interfaces – Ethernet, SATA, USB3, RS232 and WiFi 802.11. CM-T54 is provided with full ready-to-run Linux software packages and comprehensive documentation.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
System and Graphics
Feature Specifications Option CPU Texas Instruments OMAP5432 dual-core Cortex-A15, 1.5GHz
NEON SIMD and VFPv4 per core
IVA-HD video sub-system supports HD decoding / encoding
Up-to 1080i/p @ 60FPS, H.264, MPEG1/2/4, DivX 5.02, RealVideo 8/9/10 and VC-1/WMV9
PowerVR SGX544 3D GPU compliant with OpenGL ES 1.1 / 2.0, OpenVG 1.1, OpenCL EP
Vivante GC320 2D GPU compliant with OpenWF, DirectFB, GDI/DirectDraw, Adobe Flash
TMS320DM64 32-bit DSP core for audio processing and general purpose video processing
Compatible with existing C64x video codecs
+ RAM 512MB – 4GB, DDR3-1066, single / dual channel 32-bit data bus D Storage On-board eMMC flash disk, up-to 64GB N
Feature Specifications Option Display Up-to three simultaneously operating display interfaces:
• Parallel 24-bit display interface - up-to 1920x1080@60Hz
• HDMI 1.4 interface - up-to 1920x1080@60Hz
• MIPI/DSI, 4 lanes @ 1 Gbps
+ • LVDS interfaces - up-to 1920x1080@60Hz L USB 1 USB3.0 OTG port
U1 1 USB3.0 OTG + 3 host USB2.0 ports U4 SATA SATA II interface, 3.0 Gbps, integrated controller and PHY + Serial Ports
1 RS-232 port, rx/tx only, RS-232 levels (precludes 1 UART port) + Up to 5 UART ports, 16C750 compatible, 1.8V interface, up to 3.7 Mbps + Audio On-board audio codec with analog stereo output, stereo input and electret microphone support A Up to 2 I2S compliant digital audio interfaces (McBSP) + HDMI audio output + Digital microphone interface with support for up-to 3 digital stereo microphones + Ethernet 100Base-T Ethernet interface implemented with the Microchip LAN9730 controller E Camera Parallel camera interface, up-to 16-bit wide (precludes serial camera interfaces)
• Up to 148.5MPix/s
• BT656 and SYNC mode (HS, VS, FIELD, WEN).
Up to 3 simultaneously operating serial camera ports (preclude parallel camera interface) with MIPI D-PHY v1.0 / SMIA CCP2 compliant PHY receivers up to 1.5 Gbps (750 MHz) per lane.
• MIPI-CSI-A interface with up-to 4 data lanes.
• MIPI-CSI-B interface with up-to 2 data lanes.
• MIPI-CSI-C interface with a single data lane.
+ RTC Real time clock, powered by external lithium battery + Touchscreen
TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Supports 4-wire resistive panels I MMC/SD/SDIO Up to 3 MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces (3V levels), support HC MMC and SDHC up to 32GB: SDCARD – 4-bit wide, bootable interface (3V levels) + WLSDIO (1.8V levels) (precludes WiFi & Bluetooth) WB SDIO4 – 1/4/8bit transfer modes (1.8V levels) + WiFi and
Implements 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity standard
Based on Marvell 88W8787. On-board connector for external antenna
Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)
Up to 106 multifunction signals. Can be used as GPIO (shared with other functions) + I2C Up to 4 I2C interfaces (up to 3.4Mbps) + SPI Up to 3 SPI (eCSPI) bus interfaces + HDQ /1-Wire HDQ/1-Wire compliant interface supporting data rates of up to 5Kbps + JTAG OMAP5432 SoC JTAG interface +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 5VDC / Li-Ion battery Active power consumption 3.5 – 6.5 W, depending of board configuration, CPU frequency and system load Dimensions 73 x 68 x 5 mm Weight 45 gram MTTF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 204-pin SO-DIMM edge connector
- CM-T54 reference guideApril 9, 2014
Hardware Design Resources
- CM-T54 Linux packageJune 18, 2015
- CM-T54 U-Boot packageDecember 18, 2014
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-T54 software packages, please refer to the CM-T54 software archive.
CM-T54 & SB-T54 evaluation kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- LCD panel
- HDMI to DVI adapter
- Serial port cable
- WiFi antenna and cable
- 12V power supply
Product status: DiscontinuedCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-T54-C1500-Dx-[Nx]-[E]-[A]-[I]-[L]-Ux-[WB]-[H]-[TE/TI]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-T54-C1500-D05-U1 1K-unit price: $ 99
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) CPU type 1.5GHz, dual core, with GPU C1500 - DRAM size 512MB
eMMC flash (MLC) (none)
Ethernet port No
Analog audio No
LVDS output No
USB ports 1
WiFi & Bluetooth No
Heat dissipation plate No
Temperature range Commercial
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5