- Entry-level ARM platform for embedded applications.
- Low cost and flexible system provide an ideal solution for cost-sensitive designs.
- Low power consumption enables battery powered applications.
- Full-featured Computer-On-Module starting from $62
- Intel's XScale PXA270 CPU, up to 520 MHz, 32+32 KB cache, WMMX
- 16 - 128 Mbyte SDRAM
- 128 - 512 Mbyte Flash Disk
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11b/g Interface
- Bluetooth interface
- PXA270 graphics controller supporting STN and TFT panels with 800 x 600 max resolution see LCD panel support
- General purpose bus and optional PCI, LPC, AC97 busses
- Video Input Port
- PCMCIA controller
- Sound codec with speaker and microphone support
- Touchscreen Controller
- Slave and host USB ports, including keyboard and mouse support
- Serial ports, GPIO, hard-disk interface
- 100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Very low standby and active power consumption
- Two size options: 66 x 44 mm (X270L) or 68 x 58 mm (X270W)
- Interchangeable with other modules via CAMI connectors
The CM-X270 is a small Computer-on-Module board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. The CM-X270 has all the components required to run operating systems such as Linux and Windows CE. Ready packages for these operating systems are available from CompuLab.
The small size and low power consumption of the CM-X270 allows its integration into hand-held and mobile applications, while its low price makes it an ideal selection for cost-sensitive applications. Based on Intel's XScale architecture, the CM-X270 delivers a price/performance ratio significantly better than that of any other platform.
The feature set of the CM-X270 module combines a 32-bit CPU, SDRAM, Flash Disk and vital computing peripherals. For embedded applications, the CM-X270 provides 100Mbit Ethernet, serial ports, general purpose I/O lines and many other essential functions.
An integrated WLAN (WiFi) interface implements 802.11b/g industry standard wireless connectivity.
The standardized CAMI ("CompuLab's Aggregated Module Interface") connectors of the CM-X270 module allow interchangeability with other Computer-On-Module's available from CompuLab, enabling the flexibility required in a dynamic market where application requirements can change rapidly.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU Intel XScale PXA270, 312 / 520 MHz, WMMX
32 KB I-cache and 32 KB D-cache, WB, 128 MB address space
DMA and Interrupt controllers, Timers
+ RAM 16 - 128 MB, SDRAM, 100 MHz, 32-bit + NOR Flash 1 - 4 Mbytes + NAND Flash Disk 128 - 512 Mbytes N I/O Tolerance Local Bus - 3.3V,PCI - 5V + External local bus 16-bit, variable rate up to 100 MHz + AC97 bus AC97 / AMC97 Rev 2.1 compliant + PCI bus 32-bit, 2.1-compliant, 132 MB/s, arbiter for 4 masters B LPC bus Host, 33 MHz, Intel LPC v1.0 compatible B JTAG Interface Available +
Feature Specifications Option Graphics Controller 4/8/16 bit color, TFT / STN, resolution up to 800 x 600 x 16, frame buffer in system SDRAM + Video Input Port Direct camera sensor support, max resolution 2048 x 2048.
30 fps @ 320x240, 15 fps @640x480
+ USB One Host and one Host/Slave port, 12 Mbps, 24-endpoints (in slave mode), OHCI v1.1
Additional two Host ports, 12 Mbps, OHCI v1.0 compliant
Up to 4 UART ports, 16550 compatible, max 921 kbps
COM-A - RS232, full modem
COM-B - TTL, Rx/Tx
COM-C - TTL, partial modem
COM-D - TTL, Rx/Tx
General Purpose I/O 5 dedicated lines plus about 40 lines shared with other functions. Can also be used as interrupt inputs. + Hard Disk Interface IDE, PIO mode + Keyboard & mouse USB or redirection from COM port + Ethernet Davicom DM9000 MAC & PHY, 10/100BaseT, Activity LED's E Audio codec Crystal CS4299 or Phillips UCB1400, AC97 interface, mono microphone input, stereo line input and 25 mW output for active speakers A Touchscreen ctrl. A part of the UCB1400 codec chip. Supports resistive touch panels. AT PCMCIA controller Direct support for 1st slot, hooks for 2nd slot, 8/16 bit interface + RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery R WLAN / WiFi
802.11 b/g capabilities, Wi2Wi W2SW0001 controller module based on the Marvell’s 88W8686 chipset. Up to 54 Mbps, 2.45 GHz band, single antenna supp W Bluetooth Bluetooth V2.0+EDR system. CSR BlueCore4-ROM chipset, 2.4GHz band, up to 3Mbps. On-board ceramic chip antenna and connector for external antenna. Available only in CM-X270W. J
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 3.3V or dual 3.3V / 5.0V (for "A" option) Active power consumption 0.2 - 2 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Standby/Sleep consumption 20 - 100 mW, depending on configuration and mode Dimensions X270L - 66 x 44 x 7 mm, X270W - 68 x 58 x 7 mm Weight X270L - 25 gram, X270W - 35 gram MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 3 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm Connector insertion / removal 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-X270 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 23, 2011
- CM-X270 ARMmon - image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Linux kernel, drivers and patchesSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Linux Debian filesystem imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 5
- CM-X270 Windows CE 5.0 demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE 5 board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE SDKSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 6
- CM-X270 Windows CE 6 board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE 6 demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE 6 SDKSeptember 4, 2011
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-X270 software packages, please refer to the CM-X270 software archive.
CM-X270 is a mature product and is not recommended for new designs.
Product status: DiscontinuedCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-X270L-Dx-Fx-Cx-[Nx]-[E]-[A]-[R]-[W]-[J]
Minimal configuration P/N:
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-X270L-D16-F1-C312 Minimal configuration P/N: CM-X270W-D16-F1-C312
Feature Options P/N code DRAM size 16 MB
NOR Flash size 1 MB
CPU speed 312 MHz
MPEG & Extended Graphics
NAND Flash size (none)
128 MB (discontinued)
Audio & Touchscreen (none)
Audio & TS (discontinued)
WLAN / WiFi Interface
Bluetooth Interface No
GSM / GPRS modem
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 100K 0.8 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5