SBC-iAM Single Board Computer
- Low cost, PC-compatible single board computer in a mini-ATX form factor.
- Highly integrated design delivers rich multimedia and video features.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity.
- mini-ATX PC implemented by the combination of a CM-iAM module and SB-iAM baseboard
- Intel Atom Z550 CPU @2.0GHz, US15W chipset
- 2 GB DDR2
- 4 GB Flash Disk
- UXGA graphics controller with interfaces for LVDS, RGB, DVI and HDMI panels.
- SATA hard disk interface
- 2 x 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports
- 6 x USB ports
- 2 x SDIO sockets
- Sound codec with support for microphone and 2W speakers
- PCI and PCI-express extension buses
- Serial port and GPIO's
- Programmable watchdog timer
- 7 - 20 volt supply, 4 - 9 watt
- Battery operation support
The SBC-iAM is a standard mini-ATX compliant, single board computer. It is implemented by a CM-iAM module providing most of the functions, and a SB-iAM carrier board providing connectors and several additional functions. The rich feature set of the SBC-iAM is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The SBC-iAM contains expansion connectors which opens it to the wide range of standard peripheral cards. Wide input range switched power supply is compatible with requirements for telecom and automotive applications.For feature support status, please refer to See O/S Support Coverage Map .
- The "SB Option" column specifies the P/N code of the SB-iAM carrier board required to have the particular feature. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of the CM-iAM required to have the particular feature. SBC-iAM content is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-iAM and the features implemented on the SB-iAM. To have a particular feature, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specification SB
See Feature List of CM-iAM module COM-A Full UART, RS-232 levels, DB9 connector + S Hard disk One or two 1000 Mb Ethernet ports, using Realtek RTL8111 provided by CM-iAM CoM. RJ-45 connectors and activity LED's are provided on SB card. + Y Ethernet One or two 1000 Mb Ethernet ports, using Realtek RTL8111 provided by CM-iAM CoM. RJ-45 connectors and activity LED's are provided on SB card. + Ex TFT Panel TFT (digital RGB) panel interface 18 and 24 bit. Two connectors for direct interfacing to certain TFT panels + L LVDS Panel 4 pair LVDS panel interfacer + + CRT Monitor Analog RGB interface for CRT and FP monitors, through HDB15 connector M + GPIO Up to 15 lines, on 100-mil header + + Host USB 6 USB Host ports, 480 Mbps. Type-A connector. with optical interface + + Sound I/O IDT 92HD83 codec. 2 channel or 5.1 channel speaker output, line and microphone inputs. Standard 3.5 mm connectors. SPDIF on coaxial connector. Two options:
- Codec on module, headphone / speakers output line in / microphone in
- Codec on baseboard, 5.1 speaker output, SPDIF with optical interface
PCI-express extension Standard PCIexpress X1 slot + + PCI extension
Single PCI slot, configurable 3.3V or 5V Vio
Note: only one of extension slots is functional at a time: PCI or PCIexpress
P + SDIO sockets 2 standard SDIO sockets + + RTC Battery Real time clock operated from on-board rechargeable lithium battery + + Power system Support for two independent power sources with seamless switching, suitable for DC input / battery operation. + +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage High efficiency switched power supply. Support of sleep mode.
Input - unregulated 7V to 20V
Power Consumption 4W to 9W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features
Below 0.4W in sleep mode
Dimensions 190mm x 170mm
Height ranges from 10 mm to 37 mm, depending on the connectors assembled. The height specified includes the CM-iAM module.
Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C.
Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
CM-iAM and SBC-iAM Evaluation Kit
COMMERCIAL PACKAGE COMMUNITY PACKAGE Technical SupportTechnical support for 12 months.Support through users ForumLCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service. -45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs. - Hardware CM-iAM-D1G-C1600-N4G-L-E2-S-A-Y-H SB-iAM-M-P-A SDVO to HDMI interface module (EB-DVI) HDMI to DVI video cable FPC cable and connector for LCD 12V power supply SATA-15 power cable (5V,16cm)
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-iAM base-board must contain a CM-iAM module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-iAM only. P/N template: SB-iAM-[M]-[P]-[A]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-iAM 1K-units price $72 10K-units price $65
Feature Options P/N code Add
Analog RGB interface No
PCI bridge No
5.1 channel audio No
A Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0