SBC-iGLX Single Board Computer
- Low cost, PC-compatible single board computer in a PC/104+ form factor.
- Highly customizable feature-set enables price / performance optimization.
- Ready-to-run platform with a broad range of standard interfaces.
- Single Board Computer implemented by the combination of a CM-iGLX module and SB-iGLX baseboard
- Available in two form-factors: - Standard PC/104+ - PC/104+ with front panel
- AMD Geode LX CPU @ 500 MHz, 512 MB SDRAM, 512 MB Flash Disk
- SXGA graphics controller with connectors for a LCD panel and CRT monitor
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11g Interface
- Video input and encoder
- PCI and ISA bus expansions in PC/104+ format
- Two serial ports with RS232 / RS485 / RS422 / TTL driver options
- Host USB ports, including keyboard & mouse support
- Touchscreen interface
- Hard disk interface
- Sound I/O
- Single or dual 100 Mbps Ethernet ports
- CardBus slots
- CANbus interface
- RTC with lithium battery
- Switched power supply for telecom and automotive applications, 3.3V to 48V operating range
- Also available with enclosure, implementing complete tiny PC
The SBC-iGLX is a standard PC/104+ compliant, single board computer. It is implemented by a CM-iGLX module providing most of the functions, and a SB-iGLX carrier board providing connectors and several additional functions. The rich feature set of the SBC-iGLX is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The SBC-iGLX contains PC/104+ expansion connectors which open it to the wide range of standard peripheral cards. Furthermore, the SBC-iGLX contains an electrical interface and slots for CardBus extension cards, which may be inserted and secured in the slot with no additional mechanical means, extending the system with capabilities such as a larger solid state disk, GPS or GSM modem.
- The "SB Option" column specifies the P/N code of the SB-iGLX carrier board required to have the particular feature. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of the CM-iGLX required to have the particular feature. SBC-iGLX content is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-iGLX and the features implemented on the SB-iGLX. To have a particular feature, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specification SB
See Feature List of CM-iGLX module COM-A Rx/Tx only, RS-232 levels, RJ11 or DB9 connector + + COM-B Rx/Tx only, RS-232/422/485 levels, 100-mil header X + IDE UDMA ATA-100 interface. 40-pin FPC connector. + + Ethernet One or two 10/100 Mb Ethernet ports, using Realtek RTL8139:
- 1st port from CoM
- 2nd port from the baseboard
RJ-45 connector and activity LED's provided in two options:
- From baseboard's front panel
- Through FPC and optional extension module
TFT Panel TFT (digital RGB) panel interface. 51-pos FPC connector for direct interface to certain TFT panels + + LVDS Panel LVDS panel interface, through 100-mil header L + CRT Monitor Analog RGB interface for CRT and FP monitors, through DB15 on the front panel or through FPC and optional module + + Video Input Using SAA7113 video input processor V + GPIO up to 8 lines, on common 100-mil header + + PCMCIA & CardBus Slots with card guides, based on PCI1520 controller. Supports PCMCIA (16-bit) or CardBus (32-bit) standards, and card types I, II and III C1
Host USB Three USB Host ports, 480 Mbps. Header for Type-A cable/ connector. Two ports on front panel + + Sound I/O
Wolfson WM9715L controller supporting distinct audio and touchscreen functions. Header for standard cable/connectors for Microphone (mono), Line input and Speakers (stereo). Touchscreen controller for resistive panels, pins on 100-mil header. + AT PC104 Standard PC/104 connector and signals. Implemented using IT8888 PCI-ISA bridge P + PC104+ PCI bus through standard PC/104+ connector R + RTC Battery Real time clock operated from on-board lithium battery + + CAN Bus CAN Bus controller and driver with galvanic isolation and DC separation W +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage High efficiency switched power supply. Support of sleep mode.
Two supply options:
- Regulated 3.3V or 5.0V (3.3V valid only if module doesn't contain "A" option)
- Unregulated 12V to 48V, for telecom and automotive applications
Power Consumption 3W to 6W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features
Below 200 mW in sleep mode
Dimensions Without front panel - 96 x 91 mm
With front panel - 111 x 91 mm
Height ranges from 10 mm to 22 mm, depending on the connectors assembled. The height specified includes the CM-iGLX module.
Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
- CM-iGLX Reference GuideAugust 22, 2011
- SB-iGLX Reference GuideAugust 22, 2011
- ATX Reference manualAugust 25, 2011
- CM-iGLX - Dimensions and Connectors LocationAugust 22, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-iGLX design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 22, 2011
- iGLX Enclosure dimensionsAugust 25, 2011
- CM-iGLX BIOS & Etherlink image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX DOS image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
Windows XP Embedded
- CM-iGLX Windows XP Embedded board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows XP Embedded demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 5
- CM-iGLX Windows CE board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows CE demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows CE SDKSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Linux Gentoo kernel & filesystem imageSeptember 4, 2011
CM-iGLX is a mature product and is not recommended for new designs.
CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-iGLX base-board must contain a CM-iGLX module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-iGLX only. P/N template: SB-iGLX-[Fx]-[P]-[R]-[Ex]-[Cx]-[Xx]-[V]-[L]-[W]-[S]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-iGLX 1K-units price $45 10K-units price $40
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Mating CM-iGLX
(see description below)
PC/104 (local bus) drivers & connector No
PC/104+ (PCI) connector No
Ethernet port(s) 1
PC Card slots (none)
Drivers for COM-B TTL
RS422 & RS485
Video encoder No
LVDS interface No
CAN Bus controller & drivers No
Power Supply 3V/5V
Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 0.9 500 1.0 100 1.2 500 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0