- Single Board Computer implemented by combination of CM-X270 module and SB-X270 baseboard. Compatible with both X270W and X270L module version.
- Available in two form-factors: - Standard PC/104+ - PC/104+ with front panel
- Price starting below $120
- Intel's XScale PXA270 CPU @ 520 MHz, 128 MB SDRAM, 512 MB Flash Disk
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11b/g Interface
- VGA graphics controller with connectors for LCD panel and CRT monitor
- Video input
- PCI and Local Bus expansions in PC/104+ format
- COM1 - 4 with RS232 / RS485 / RS422 / TTL driver options
- Host and slave USB ports including keyboard & mouse support
- Touchscreen interface
- Hard disk interface
- Sound I/O
- Single or dual 100 Mbps Ethernet ports
- PCMCIA, CardBus & MMC/SDIO slots
- RTC with lithium battery
- Switched power supply for telecom and automotive applications, 3.3V to 48V operating range
The SBC-X270 is a standard PC/104+ compliant, single board computer. It is implemented by CM-X270 module providing most of the functions, including an integrated wireless LAN (WiFi) interface. The SB-X270 carrier board providing connectors and several additional functions. The rich features set of the SBC-X270 is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The unique mechanical design of the SBC-X270 allows selecting between two popular form factors: either standard PC/104+ with headers, or extended PC/104+ with front panel connectors.
The SBC-X270 contains PC/104+ expansion connectors which open it to the wide range of standard peripheral cards. Furthermore, the SBC-X270 contains a electrical interface and slots for PCMCIA, CardBus and MMC/SDIO extension cards, which may be inserted and secured in the slot with no additional mechanical means, extending the system with capabilities such as a larger solid state disk, GPS or GSM modem.
- The "SB Option" column specifies the P/N code of SB-X270 carrier board required to have the particular feature. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of CM-X270 required to have the particular feature. SBC-X270 content is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-X270 and the features implemented on the SB-X270. To have the particular feature, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses[table "93" seems to be empty /]
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications[table "94" seems to be empty /]
- ATX Reference manualAugust 25, 2011
- CM-X270 Reference GuideAugust 23, 2011
- SB-X270 Reference GuideAugust 23, 2011
- CM-X270 - Dimensions and Connectors LocationAugust 23, 2011
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-X270 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 23, 2011
- CM-X270 ARMmon - image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Linux kernel, drivers and patchesSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Linux Debian filesystem imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 5
- CM-X270 Windows CE 5.0 demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE 5 board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE SDKSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 6
- CM-X270 Windows CE 6 board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE 6 demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-X270 Windows CE 6 SDKSeptember 4, 2011
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-X270 software packages, please refer to the CM-X270 software archive.
CM-X270 is a mature product and is not recommended for new designs.
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product.
Minimal configuration P/N:x
Stock configuration P/N:x
Feature Options P/Ncode Add($) MatingCM-X270P/N code Front Panel(see description below RemovedEmptyStandard -F0F1 --10 PC/104 (local bus) drivers & connector NoYes -P -8 PC/104+ (PCI) connector (discontinued)@@@@ NoYes@@@@ -R@@@@ -13@@@@@ B@@@@@@@@ Ethernet port(s) 12 E1E2 -7 EE LCD panel interface NoYes -L -8 CRT / FP Monitor interface NoYes -M -12 Video encoder NoYes -V -11 PC Card slots:- one PCMCIA slot- one PCMCIA and one CardBus slot (discontinued)@@@@ (none)12@@@@@ -C1C2@@@@@@@ -1324@@@@ B@@@@ Drivers for COM-B & COM-D TTLRS232 -X2 -4 (B) Drivers for COM-C TTLRS232RS422 & 485All -Y2Y4Y6 -447 Power Supply 3V5V48V -S5S48 -414 Temperature range CommercialExtendedIndustrial -TETI -1260 Cables, connectors and accessories click here